MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 64

I really miss the search guide as in the old MetaEditor (which was so convenient to use from the navigator panel), the new one offers very limited help in which you can't find a damn thing (((

Why did they remove it, who was in the way?

By any chance has anyone suggested developers to use all available CPU cores when optimizing strategy?

What prevents from parallel calculation of different optimization passes on different cores? They do not depend on each other.

Now to load all cores, we have to use several terminals, bind them to cores and run different optimization on each core at different currencies/periods.

You have to wait longer for the end of optimization.

Nemser:

By any chance has anyone suggested developers to use all available CPU cores when optimizing strategy?

What prevents from parallel calculation of different optimization passes on different cores? They do not depend on each other.

Now to load all cores, we have to use several terminals, bind them to cores and run different optimization on each core at different currencies/periods.

You have to wait longer for the end of optimization.

This is done in MT5

VOLDEMAR:

This is done in MT5
I think it's MT4. Or am I waking up in the wrong place?

I understand about MT5. But what prevents it from being done in MT4?

I would like to hear from the developers on this subject.

Nemser:

I would like to hear from the developers on this subject.
They have answered repeatedly. The architecture prevents it.

Nemser:

I would like to hear the developers' answer to this question.
Yes, they said that multithreading is not feasible on MT4.

Renat:

To update, simply connect to the server demo.metaquotes.net:444 (MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test) and allocate a demo account.

I've downloaded now fresh terminal by link at the bottom of page, started it, connected to demo.metaquotes.net:444, opened demo, and got such picture:

What is that? Does anyone else have antivirus spit on this?

win7 max 32bit, avira

...just in case I deleted everything, formatted the hard drive seven times, burnt the network cable and soaked the laptop in an alcoholic solution

In general, as a result, updated to 547 build, but the graphics do not want to open:

Fresh build messages:

2013.11.22 21:04:49.216 Code Base: failed connect to server - data.mql5cdn.com [80]

2013.11.22 21:04:36.921 Alpari NZ MT4 build 547 started (Alpari NZ Limited)
2013.11.22 21:04:36.903 LiveUpdate: update file build 547 better or equal to current 547

tommy27:

I downloaded the fresh terminal now from the link at the bottom of the page, launched it, connected to demo.metaquotes.net:444, opened the demo, and this picture came up:

What's that all about? Does anyone else have antiviruses spitting at it?

win7 max 32bit, avira

...just in case I deleted everything, formatted the hard drive seven times, burnt the network cable and soaked the laptop in an alcoholic solution

In general, eventually upgraded to the 547 build, but do not want to open graphics:

Renat 07.11.2013 16:31 #
ForexMoneyMaker:

I have not solved the problem with opening of charts of financial instruments in 534 version (see screenshot)

Try to open needed charts, and then resave the profile with the same Default name:

If that doesn't help, close the terminal, delete the /templates/default.tpl file in the data directory and restart the terminal.

Reason: