MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 55

Zhunko:

Well, make the user select instead of the " /portable" flag! It makes the user's life easier.

So as not to waste any more time - the question is closed completely.

We have enough knowledge and reasons to be confident in this solution.

Renat:

So as not to waste foolish time - the question is closed completely.

We have enough knowledge and reasons to be confident in this decision.

Renat, explain the difference between the two methods. It looks the same to me. Only what I suggest is more convenient.

Released the 545 build with a host of improvements.

Renat:
All the old stuff is definitely in effect.

Will all the old ones be in effect while the tests are in progress or will they remain in effect after the testing of the new MQL4?

When the testing is over and the new MQL4 will be officially launched?

Barbarian:

Will all the old ones be in effect while the tests are in progress or will they remain in effect after the testing of the new MQL4?

When the testing is over and the new MQL4 will be officially launched?

Yes, the old stuff will continue. Please see the links in the first post.

We will announce the end of the testing.

Renat:
The 545 build has been released with a host of improvements.

This "mass" is about to become critical in size. I'd like to see a list of changes rather than working blindly.

It is not clear which changes have already been implemented and which are in the works.

MT4 (version 545), ME (version 874)

Directlaunching of terminal and editor without key.

There are errors when running indicator:

2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 Charts EURUSD,M30: initialization failed //It occurs when switching timeframes
2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 unresolved import function call //Events when flipping timeframes
2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 Cannot call 'stdlib.ex4::ErrorDescription', 'stdlib.ex4' is not loaded

ForexMoneyMaker:

MT4 (version 545), ME (version 874)

Direct launching of terminal and editor without key.

There are errors when running indicator:

2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 Charts EURUSD,M30: initialization failed //It occurs when switching timeframes
2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 unresolved import function call //Events when flipping timeframes
2013.11.20 00:27:55.859 Cannot call 'stdlib.ex4::ErrorDescription', 'stdlib.ex4' is not loaded

Try to recompile the indicator, including stdlib.

If it doesn't help, please create a ticket in Service Desk and attach the indicator source code. This will allow us to quickly get to the bottom of it.

Interesting:

This "mass" is about to become critical in size. I would like to see a list of changes rather than working blindly.

It is not clear which changes have already been implemented and which are in the works.

"What's new is being written, we'll publish the first draft soon.

Zhunko:
Renat, explain the difference between the two methods. In my opinion, they are one and the same. Only what I suggest is more convenient.

Renat doesn't want to - I'll explain myself that there is no difference. Only mutual convenience.

1. My proposal does not include the " /portable" key. That's not against company policy, is it?

2. The default location of the data is in the company's favourite directories. That's not against company policy either. Or is it not?

3. Adding a dialog with a choice of data saving path akin to the key that now applies. That's not against company policy either. The key is now in place and in use. It wasn't invented by the users, but by the Metaquotes. Renat, am I not confused?

4. The company imposes a restriction on the choice of directory according to their security logic. This is already in place in the form of no " /portable" key. I suggest a way for the company to tighten its data location policy. Which is not against company policy either.

5. The key can be left for those who don't know how to use buttons. At the company's request, of course.

===================

Renat, why stick your neck out and ignore the obvious?

Reason: