MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 52

Barbarian:

It's clear that the pointer is declared above in the code, though not quite :) in general I ran your code with my corrections, both of my variants work.

Now this is interesting. Thank you. Got it figured out. It's quite an interesting story, and it might be useful to someone for general development.

It turned out that an object named MyLabel had leaked into the default.tpl template (which I created myself). That is why my Expert Advisor could not display Canvas, because it was trying to create an object with a "borrowed" name. And because the default.tpl template is applied when opening all new charts, I could not start the Expert Advisor on any chart. :) Removed all unnecessary objects re-saved the template and everything worked.

Thanks again, this time for testing and feedback.

// stringo, false alarm, my apologies.

updated the terminal.

The editor has become cool, it lights up the brackets and everything.

The only thing I can't do in the terminal now is that it won't connect to the existing demo account, it won't let me create a new one either, the entire quote archive is gone and it won't let me download it.

Here's what I found.

Windows 7 Maximum SP1, 64bit.

Terminal build 529 to 542. Doesn't make any difference.

Install the terminal to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4".

2. Start the terminal.

3. Go to Expert Advisor's testing, for example, "Moving Average".

Everything is fine for now.

4. Click the button "Change Expert" (though it would be more correct, "Change Expert").

5. A window pops up - "Encountered an improper argument."

6. Click "OK".

7. The Meta Editor shall open, but the file shall not be transferred.

8. After this, the compilation is done only once. The "Compile" button remains greyed out.

9. A change in the file does not activate the "Compile" button.

Thank you for your attention.

There is no "transparent" colour for some custom indicators.

By default, the red colour is selected for the buffer:

I select no colour:

After selecting it, the colour is set to black:

And, accordingly, the colour is black on the chart, while there should be no buffer output:

Not all custom indicators behave this way. At least AO and AC from the list of custom indicators also output black instead of no colour.

thecore

What build of the terminal? Are you running the terminal in portable mode? Do you have admin rights?

alexvd:

What build of the terminal? Are you running the terminal in portable mode? Do you have admin rights?

As I wrote.

Windows 7 Maximum SP1, 64bit.

Terminal build 529 to 542. Does not make any difference.

Administrator rights. Terminal run in normal mode,

not poptabl. Snapshots from terminal build 542.

build 544 "terminal/account history/(pkm)save as itemised report" - does not open in browser.

Contacted Service Desk, request #887122, but no reply. Please take a look, I don't know where to dig, whether it's my fault or the terminal's.

Barbarian:
Contacted Service Desk, request #887122, but no reply. Please take a look, I don't know where to dig, whether it's an error or in the terminal.

Your code does not correlate with the new MQL4. In the 509 build (the old one) it will work the same way (or rather not work)

in 509 everything works without errors, if you don't want to understand it, just say so...
Reason: