MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 32

Renat:

Not everyone is aware of this, but the common common folder for MT4 and MT5 terminals is now the same. It means that at least all 100 copies of terminals have direct access to this folder.

It is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common

It's just a matter of adding a display in the terminal navigator and file movement functionality.

Renat:

Not everyone is aware of this, but the common common folder for MT4 and MT5 terminals is now the same. It means that at least all 100 copies of terminals have direct access to this folder.

It is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common

(sighs) Great. It remains to display it in all navigators of all MetaEditors and give access for writing Common projects there on mql4/5.

RekkeR:
It's just a matter of adding a display in the terminal navigator and file move functionality.

FileMove

Moves a file from a local or shared folder to another folder.

bool FileMove(
const string src_file_name, // file name for move operation
int common _flag, // file location
const string dst_file_name, // destination file name
int mode_flags // access method and/or file location
)

There are two directories (with subdirectories) in which working files can be located:

-terminal_data_folder\Experts\FILES\(select menu item "File"-"Open Data Directory" to view in the terminal);

-the sharedfolder of all terminals installed on the computer - usually located in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ Common \ .

You can get the names of these directories programmatically using TerminalInfoString() function, usingENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_STRING enumeration:

//--- Folder where terminal data is stored
string terminal_data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);
//--- Common folder of all client terminals
string common _data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_COMMONDATA_PATH);

Working with files from other directories is suppressed.

artmedia70:

FileMove

Moves a file from the local or public folder to another folder.

bool FileMove(
const string src_file_name, // file name for the move operation
int common _flag, // file location
const string dst_file_name, //name of the destination file
int mode_flags //access mode and/or file location
);

:)

It's complicated... We're clickers. We'd rather use the mouse, it's easier... ;)

MetaDriver:

:)

It's complicated... We're clickers. We'd rather use the mouse, it's easier... ;)

By the way, the navigator only displays files of the directory which is currently working for the terminal and ME, but I would like them to be able to work with all available directories and files - both local and shared.

And, uh, about the mouse drag. File-->Open Shared Data Folder. And drag and drop whatever you want in Explorer.

artmedia70:
By the way, the navigator only displays the files of the directory that is currently working for the terminal and ME. I would like them to be able to work with all available directories and files - both local and shared.
Awake... :) That's what it's all about.
// and by the way. inludniks at compilation already long ago can be pulled from "Files" folder (I use at autogeneration of inludniks, for example with coefficients of neural network), and about shared folder of terminals - not sure, did not check (unlikely).

MetaDriver:
I'm awake. :) That's what I'm talking about.

Well... about the speech exactly... that's just part of what I said earlier. I agree with that.

And, about the mouse drag. File-->Open Shared Data Folder. And you can drag and drop whatever you want in the explorer.

artmedia70:

Well... about the speech exactly... that's just part of what I said earlier. I agree with that.

And, about the mouse drag. File-->Open Shared Data Folder. And drag and drop whatever you want in the explorer.

Come on, don't get all pissy. It's not the same thing. It's about not multiplying entities. A shared project should be stored in one shared folder, and compiled directly from there. Only now I need to do it N times, with any (even the smallest) editing of shared inludnik (and at the same time not to forget about any terminal). Do you feel the difference?

MetaDriver:
Let's not get rowdy anymore. It's not the same thing. It's about not multiplying entities. A shared project should be stored in one shared folder and compiled directly from there. Of course, I can simply rewrite it now, but now I have to do it N times, whenever I edit a shared inclusion (and at the same time not to forget about any terminals). Feel the difference?

Who can argue with that? Isn't that what I'm saying? The guy said you need tools to move files around, I showed you a piece of help.

And where did I say I didn't agree that it would be good to have access from MT and ME to all available folders at once, local and public? So don't you get rowdy either. Okay?

Reason: