What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 57

FAQ:
I load with Hrusha in 20 sec. and that's with everything fully loaded, and the drive is not an SSD, instead of the SSD, it has a 8gb frame disk - everything just flies.

Don't get sidetracked, everything flies, I'm happy for you.

But let's get back to the sheep. How many cores do you have on your computer? My guess is no more than 2. MT4 tester doesn't care about it. It uses one. And this core handles all the runs.

If you don't test strategies, think of others. I can't imagine running without 16 gigs of RAM and 8 cores of the main computer and 8 cores of the one next to it. Thanks to metaquotes for making such a tester, custom optimization is a song in general.

Such efforts will not work on XP. That's why server 2008,7 and until MT4 doesn't have such a gimmick, there is no point in comparing them, even if they have structures and OOP. And meanwhile we have to test ideas on 5 and implement them from time to time on 4.

FAQ:
I load in 20 seconds with full load and it's not an SSD, instead of SSD, I have an 8g ram disk - everything flies.
what kind of frame drive is it?

Andrei01:
what kind of frame drive is it?

It takes part of the RAM and turns it into a virtual hard drive, the same speed as an SSD.

I just don't understand how the system sees more than 3 gigs to operate with additional memory, maybe I don't know what...

OlegTs:

I just don't understand how his system sees more than 3 gigs to operate with the extra memory, maybe I don't know what...

well, that's the question))

Well, the system does not need to see it. it sees its 3.5 gigs of RAM as it should. and the ramdisk is on the second 8 gigs.

And if I need to test something on a supermulti-core, I'll upload it to a remote location.

VOLDEMAR:

If your mum can't handle it anymore, you shouldn't change xr.... You should change both your mum and any relatives connected to her ...

Say you're happy with your mother! I can assure you that if you are currently using a mother with less than 3GB of memory. You'll be surprised by a modern mother and the new family members...

Win 7 is a bit faster in terms of graphics, a bit nicer, can work with a cd drive, has many more advantages over xr, win 8 is a dull blob ....

That's how lobbyists from coders and ironmongers push each other through...

Some write programs/OS which barely spin on "outdated" hardware even from last year (what a nightmare!)

The second ones make revolutions in hardware characteristics twice a year, for which you won't be able to find any software to load such hardware, as it deserves... (And frankly speaking, there are not too many of such tasks in real life)

And at the same time for some reason all believe that it's all for the sake of progress and not for the sake of the user who is perfectly comfortable working with XP in spite of the notorious 3rd Millennium, having heard the delirium of marketing experts and watched the smugness of those tots who any advice to solve problems begins with: "throw your mum and all the rest together with it" - so this user went and upgraded his hardware and system software, vaguely suspecting that, in general, for him personally nothing has changed in the comfort and speed of operation, but it seems that he was cheated ....

OlegTs:

It takes part of the RAM and turns it into a virtual hard drive, the speed is like an SSD.

I just don't understand how his system sees more than 3 gigs to operate with additional memory, maybe I don't know what...

PAE should be switched on and x32 OS will see almost as much as you want.

FAQ:

and the ramdisk is on the second 8 giga slab.

What kind of software is this and how does it fit in there?

Zhunko:
PAE should be enabled and x32 OS will see almost as much as you want.

Not really, there are a few nuances and licensing restrictions. The xp is not a lot of RAM if you put sp2/3...for 2003 there are also restrictions in the standard editions.

So a sane operating system with a lot of RAM support starts with 7... you can use honest x64, or you can patch 32bit with ready4GB, which keeps compatibility with a lot of old software and drivers and adds available memory.

my home computers have been used all versions of the software, from 3.11 onwards.

I have been on all my home computers since 3.11, so purely from personal experience I can say that the most stable versions are Youn95 and Youn7. all the others depend entirely on the crookedness of your hands. it was not from idleness that I installed Acronis on XP. after the third reinstall I got very tired of reinstalling the system. Of course, there are guys who have stable operation even with xryu. respect to them. but as for xryu, such units. and regarding sevens, i know many pure users, by the level of computer skills, pure lamers. but they simply do not need it. but who do such things with their sevens ... I installed systems for all of them and after installing them I saved the images just in case. i never had to use them. i just cleaned and fixed them up... I've had 7 since it first appeared. still have them, but there are some remarks. that's why, purely for the sake of even greater stability I turned my attention to 8 and if my hopes come true, I won't hesitate for a second to upgrade.

And as for the rarities - they're only appreciated at a rarity show. For XP users, listen to yourselves. one needs to enable something to the system to see the memory, the second made a virtual drive (and the additional memory also costs money), the third as needed to remotely send tests because its own is not pulling well, etc. Put yourself a normal computer with a modern operating system and do not need to do anything. I have changed my desktop and the operating system, while my friend hasn't yet. We ran the same optimization for comparison (purely as a performance experiment). It took him 10 hours to run MT4, it took me 17 minutes.

I don't want to offend or humiliate XP users. i want to convince them that they can live better. you don't have to waste your time trying to figure out how to get away with whatever you want but just do the job required and, most importantly, get fast results.

Reason: