Does anyone know about computing resources?

Does anyone know what computing resources are used when running test optimization?CPU or GPU? why? or how?

thank you!

Resources are made for this:

To use images and sounds in your MQL5 program, make sure that all the media files that it uses are located in the appropriate folders. This imposes a definite disadvantage when transferring a compiled EX5 file from one terminal to another. But it is possible to solve this problem at the stage of code writing. In such cases use resources.

In order to use a resource in a program, it should be declared using the compiler directive #resource

This is

Including resources to executable files during compilation of mql5 programs #

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
  • www.mql5.com
Resources - MQL5 programs - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Carl Schreiber #:

Resources are made for this:

This is

thank you for your answer.

But I think I may have asked the wrong way.

I mean, I spend too much time during the test and optimization.

I want to shorten the time. In addition to using the cloud, I can also connect to supercomputers, but when connecting them, they will ask me what kind of computing resources I need, CPU or GPU. This is my question.

Mage He #:

thank you for your answer.

But I think I may have asked the wrong way.

I mean, I spend too much time during the test and optimization.

I want to shorten the time. In addition to using the cloud, I can also connect to supercomputers, but when connecting them, they will ask me what kind of computing resources I need, CPU or GPU. This is my question.

CPU

Carl Schreiber #:
CPU

thank u

Mage He:

Does anyone know what computing resources are used when running test optimization?CPU or GPU? why? or how?

thank you!

CPU and RAM. 

In a single test your MT5 will use one core and some RAM. During an optimization it uses 1 core per optimization run and up to 96 GB RAM in total.

So if you have less than 96 GB RAM its possible that your computer almost freezes because the MT5 grabs all what he gets until all opt runs are done.

One option to influence that is by disabling one CPU core in the tester settings to leave it for regular tasks but there is no such option for the RAM usage. The MT5 will take as much as it gets. 

Reason: