What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 53

Renat:
Check the working directories, please. Most likely because of UAC, the working directory is not in Program Files.
UAC - What is this?

User Access Control is a user access control system that background does a lot of trickery in the form of transparent directory mapping.

webwm:

Check X:\Users\User_Catalog\AppData\Local\VirtualStore probably has an MT4 directory created in it. If there is, there are several ways out, I prefer to add user write permissions to the MT4 directory.

I recently discovered that Comment() in the Tester loads the system even when Visualization mode is disabled. I had a case when at code debugging stage, after disabling comment in no visualization mode (with a large number of arrays) the running time was reduced by five times. Maybe you should write such a check inside the command?

Renat:
User Access Control is a user access control system that does a lot of trickery in the form of transparent directory mapping

Thank you all for the information. Everything was fine from the beginning of the year, but since June it's been messing around like this. As a result, stupidly moved MT to the D drive and everything started working fine. Once again, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to install such programs on a non-system drive.

webwm: Once again, I have come to the conclusion that such programs are better placed on non-system drives.
You can also put them on system disks, but not in ProgramFiles.

MetaDriver:
You can store them on system directories, but not on ProgramFiles.

You can also do it in Program Files, but you have to give full access to the folder with the terminal in the "security" tab and enable all subfolders)

I have all my terminals in a separate folder on my D drive:

I always put /portable key on MT5 in order not to search for MQL5 folder somewhere else)

webwm:

Thank you all for the information. Everything was fine at the start of the year, but since June it's been a mess. As a result, I have stupidly moved MT to drive D and everything started working fine. Once again, I have come to the conclusion that such programs are better placed on a non-system drive.
Anybody who knows! D drive, is it a BD-ROM(D:) floppy disk? Or am I confused?! Explain, please!

borilunad:
Tell me who knows! Is the D drive a BD-ROM(D:) floppy disk? Or am I confused about something?! Explain, please!

Who has what.

borilunad:
Anybody knows! Is the D drive a BD-ROM(D:) floppy disk? Or am I confused about something?! Explain, please!
Most likely meant the second hard drive on your computer, not the one with the Windows
Reason: