File locations wrong....

MT5 is no longer looking at the local directory locations under MQL5 for the experts and indicators etc.  

Instead it has started to look in c:\users\vertias\appdata\roaming\metaquotes\terminal....

it used to work fine but now it looks for and creates all files in that location.it 

The main MT5 directory is located at:  c:\MT5

OS in Windows 7 64-bit 

User account is administrator

I have uninstalled MT5,  manually deleted the directories above, and reinstalled a clean version but it does exactly the same.

Can anyone help please?

MaxTrader:

MT5 is no longer looking at the local directory locations under MQL5 for the experts and indicators etc.  

Instead it has started to look in c:\users\vertias\appdata\roaming\metaquotes\terminal....

it used to work fine but now it looks for and creates all files in that location.it 

The main MT5 directory is located at:  c:\MT5

OS in Windows 7 64-bit 

User account is administrator

I have uninstalled MT5,  manually deleted the directories above, and reinstalled a clean version but it does exactly the same.

Can anyone help please?

You surprise me, you just know that now ?

Ever read MT5 help files ?.  Here's the online version https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start.

Ever since Vista, because UAC, regardless MT4 or MT5, all changeable files are stored outside where MT is installed. If you want MT to read/save/write those changeable files inside where MT is installed, just add /portable command in the shortcut.

phi.nuts:

You surprise me, you just know that now ?

Ever read MT5 help files ?.  Here's the online version https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start.

Ever since Vista, because UAC, regardless MT4 or MT5, all changeable files are stored outside where MT is installed. If you want MT to read/save/write those changeable files inside where MT is installed, just add /portable command in the shortcut.

what can I say it was working fine 3 months ago, and for the previous year to that working from the install directory of MT5

thanks for the info I will have a look at it 

edit:  sorted thanks  

Reason: