What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 6

JJerboa:
Will there be a function for working with the marketplace in MQL4 as well?
No.

Renat:

For now you can go to MQL5 Market, register as a vendor and start preparing your products for publishing.

It will be great if a couple of hundred applications will be available for the launch of the Market for 4.

I have enough sellers without me. I am not interested in small projects either, but I promise to make a full-fledged generator (constructor) of trading strategies.

If we are talking about "profitable" EAs - then there are millions of people who want to display their "profitable" EAs, so the market will be full.

I have already started to prepare my assistants. the question is when will this market open?

One more question, I still don't understand - is it possible to draw own panels in 4?

FAQ:

There are enough sellers without me. I am not interested in small projects, but in full-fledged generator (builder) of trading strategies - I promise to do.

Dibs on the strategy generator.

MetaDriver:

yyyy .... but please don't make the move to no custom/offline charts and no custom history. !!!!

Plus. Anything but work with hst files, don't touch it!

Will the new mql4 be more sensitive to errors? For example, previously referring to a non-existent array cell worked fine and no errors were displayed, how will it be now?

Vladon:

If we are talking about "profitable" EAs - then there are millions of people who want to display their "profitable" EAs, so the market will be full.

I have already started to prepare my assistants. the question is when will this market open?

One more question, I still don't understand - is it possible to draw own panels in 4?

In a couple of weeks the new section for receiving programmes for MQL4 will open. So, you can start drawing programs and testing them on the betas and waiting for the release.

Yes, we will surely upgrade the objects and it will be possible to use the power we have accumulated with MQL5 and its library of controls.

Rorschach:
The new mql4 will be more sensitive to errors? For example, in the past when a non-existing cell of an array was accessed, everything was fine and no errors were shown.

Yes, the compiler itself is much stricter and the runtime system will not allow for slip-ups. This will seriously improve the quality of the programs.

The entire runtime control will be transferred from MQL5.

Renat:
By the way, there is a great temptation to drag the history base as M1 (including spreads) into MetaTrader 5 and close a lot of problems with historical data.

It would be nice to add to the symbols the history of the most liquid CME futures with real exchange volumes, so that you don't have to search for them on the internet and import them manually.

Now, as I understand it, we will have to make checks for data synchronization and complicate the program logic?

Eh, only because of the "kindness" of mql4 didn't switch to 5, now I have to.

Reason: