Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 980

Please help! After Windows upgrade from 7 to 10 (or maybe due to other reasons) all default Expert Advisors and scripts in the terminal build 920(Moving Average, MACD, Period Converter, etc.) are not activated anymore when attached to a chart, their shortcut is now grayed out. When trying to compile in MetaEditor 5 build 1218, an EX4 write error appears in all cases. The same was observed with the custom Expert Advisor. Can you tell me how to cure this?

Serafimchik:
Please help! After I updated Windows from 7 to 10 (or maybe due to other reasons) all default Expert Advisors and scripts in the terminal build 920 (Moving Average, MACD, Period Converter, etc.) have stopped working when attached to a chart, their shortcut has become grayed out. When trying to compile in MetaEditor 5 build 1218, an EX4 write error appears in all cases. The same was observed with the custom Expert Advisor. Can you tell me how to cure this?

So why compile what was written for 4 in MetaEditor 5? I need MetaEditor 4 build 902 and beyond!

Please tell me if mt4mm is working for anyone? New builds came out and it stopped working. Are there any alternative programs or scripts or a way to reanimate mt4mm?

borilunad:

So why compile what was written for 4 in MetaEditor 5? You need MetaEditor 4 build 902 and beyond!

The MetaTrader 4 terminal must have the built-in programming language for trade strategies MetaQuotes Language 4, right? When I choose to change the code of these programs, MetaEditor 5 build 1218 is open for some reason, how did it get there? I really just started to study programming and all examples of codes in this site tutorial are based on mql4, and the MetaEditor 5 build compiled withEX4 write error. How can I return MetaEditor 4? Can you please help a newbie? Thanks

Serafimchik:
Probably only by re-downloading the terminal, having previously uninstalled this MetaEditor5! Or ask the MetaQuotes servicedesk on forum 5, by logging into your personal account there. If it's not clear, read the beginner's tutorial threads! Good luck!

borilunad:
Probably only by re-downloading the terminal, removing this MetaEditor5 beforehand! Or ask the MetaQuotes servicedesk on the 5th forum, by going to your own personal account there. If it's not clear, read the beginner's tutorial threads! Good luck!
MT4 and MT5 use the same editor

paladin80:

1) To paste the code correctly here, click on SRC and then copy your code in the box (picture below).

2) Try this code:

Thank you very much for your code and the science for me. Now everything compiles without any warnings and I feel better now.

Vinin:
MT4 and MT5 use the same editor
Interesting, didn't know! By the way, a few minutes ago, while still not connected to WiFi, updated from 902 straight to 940! Seems fine, something everyone complains about, and everything is fine, just had to cut the graphs in height, as the testor became 2 lines more, even surprised that the visualization was not as well as the pass and time counter, tried to raise, and sure enough, increased the testor. Thanks for the correction!

how do I know programmatically that the cursor is positioned on a graphical object linked to a price and time?

Hello!

Does anyone have a code example that draws some icons, e.g. arrows on the indicator chart, when lines cross, if there are two, or when "0" line is crossed, or any other criteria? Preferably at the top and bottom of the self-scaling indicator window.