Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 30

atztek:

Is it possible to determine from the code in which window/subwindow the object was created?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/objects/ObjectGet

Which property indicates in which window the object was created?

atztek:

Which property indicates in which window the object was created?

Didn't find it. So it's not a property :-( Can't get it.

Maybe try writing the subwindow number in the name?

Zhunko:

Didn't find it. So it's not a property :-( Can't get it.

Maybe try writing the subwindow number in the name?

If creating objects automatically that would be a good solution, but if the objects were added manually, with default names, then apparently there are no solutions for that case yet. In any case Thank you!

atztek:

Is it possible to determine from the code in which window/subwindow the object was created?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/objects/ObjectFind

atztek
:

Which of the properties indicates in which window the object was created?

When creating an object, parameter 3

ObjectCreate("text_object", OBJ_TEXT,0, D'2004.02.20 12:30', 1.0045)

Good afternoon. I got acquainted with MQL4 and decided to consolidate my knowledge by writing an EA using the "Elementary, Watson!" strategy. However, it did not work. I mean it worked, but not correctly. I cannot see the error(s) in the algorithm.

I request the coryphaei to review the code (attached). It contains a lot of step-by-step comments, because I initially assumed that I would have to look for errors and submit the code for review.

The question is this. Why does the pending order modify itself both when price goes up and when it goes down? The criterion block should indicate that the modification signal should appear only if the current price is higher than the previous tick.

Thanks in advance...

P.S. In block 7 Bids and Asks are incorrect, but it was done intentionally for better readability of mathematics in reports. Caught one weird glitch that made me have to prescribe sl and tp in the same block as constants, not variables, as it was in the commited lines. This is, by the way, the second question. Why do we get sl and tn relative to order price in the variants which have been commented out, 45 and 70, instead of the preset values of 450 and 700 for them?

Files:
watson.mq4  20 kb

atztek:

Do you know how to move an object from window to window?
Go through the windows and search for the object by name.

It works! Thank you!

Downloaded 15 minute eur/usd quotes from Alpari. Started to test the advisor. Everything was fine a while ago, then the quotes disappeared, there is a history only from April this year. What to do? I have set the maximum of 1,00,000,000 in the "Max History Bars" and "Max Window Bars" in the chart settings.

I have not deleted anything. I guess the quotes didn't disappear anywhere, it's just that there is some glitch where the quotes periodically disappear.

I used to uninstall Metatrader and install it again, the problem was solved only with this.

Now I want to delete Metatrader but it says "server returned a link". My operating system is Windows 7, Metatrader was automatically installed in the folder Program Files (x86).

Can you advise, who faced with the same and solved the problem.

Reason: