Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1020

Money_Maker:

Please advise :

I need to edit information in a binary file (there are html tags and text inside)

what is the correct way ?
1 open the file for reading, read text into an array char one character at a time or into an array string with words edit the array open the file for writing pour it back into the file

2 can i edit in the file ?

ps what is the easiest and most correct path to take when editing text inside a file ?

open-edit

eevviill:
open-edit
Thanks, I saw that you can open a file for Read and Write

open as a binary read ReadString replace the information in the data (data only strings) (Print all is normal) write to the file

1 it is appended, not replace the current info and when writing to the file as WriteString and even just Write

2 gets instead of the Russian text questions (please advise where to look? to save with russian text and ideally to save the edited text in place in the text

eevviill:
Time[0]+Volume[0]
Thank you! I'll give it a try.

Money_Maker:
Thanks, I saw that you can open a file for both Read and Write

I open it as a binary, read ReadString, change the data (only strings) (Print is fine), then type it into the file

1 it is appended to the file and does not replace the current info and when writing to the file as WriteString or even just Write

2 I get questions instead of russian text (could you tell me where to look for it? It should save with russian text and ideally I should save it exactly as I place it in the text

I'm not good with files.

https://book.mql4.com/ru/functions/files

how do you increase the font of mt4?

angel341341:
can you tell me how to increase the font of mt4?
ctrl+wheel?

eevviill:
ctrl+колесо?

doesn't work!

angel341341:
I don't think there is any way to increase the font in MT. You can try changing the font size in the system (Windows) in general, I haven't tried it, I think there may even be errors in the form of hidden digits

Hello, dear pros.

There is a script to export quotes in the format I want for the last 100 bars or up to a certain time in the past. It works as it should. But if it is thrown on the visualization chart of the tester, it saves quotes based on the last time there is a quote in the history, not on the date and time of the tester.

Can you teach it to save the last 100 bars based on the time of the tester's visualization chart?

If so, please advise how to do it. I can't figure it out.
PS: the fact that it uses Kim's function for replacement, instead of StringReplace - that's how it's designed, don't pay attention.

Files:
exportcsv.mq4  4 kb

Hello. Help with advice. Testing a quote sensitive EA on a real pro-ecn alpari account. As a result the chart is significantly different on the same interval, even after downloading quotes and two consecutive tests. Not sure what to expect in real.
Reason: