Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1023

Trader76:

iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H1, iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,8,h-7))

Thank you comrade for your help ... Exactly this kind of string works correctly on H1 , irrespective of the period on the chart.

Zhunko:

Yes, there is a problem in reading the log now. It used to be easier.

The point is that the file itself is ANSI-encoded, but the strings are now UNICODE.

This script works:

But it will only work if you first save the log file in UNICODE!

I.e. the library works correctly. We need to think of a simple way to convert from ANSI-encoding of the file into UNICODE string array, or I should add to the library a function which would convert the encoding of strings when reading the file.

=====================

Option 1: You don't have to deal with arrays. Read the entire file as ANSI, convert it into UNICODE, and then parse it using MQL.

Variant 2. Read it as ANSI, write it to the current directory of the terminal and read it using MQL functions for CSV-files.

Option 3. Create a symbolic link to the log file in the sandbox using the function from the same library and read it using MQL functions for working with CSV files:

Seems to me this is the nicest and easiest option.

Yes, the easiest and really nice :)

Please explain the problem: I am using robot on XM platform and it opens 28 trades; the same robot with the same settings, during the same period of running on RoboForex platform I have only 5 trades, and one of them was losing. What the hell is this? And comparing the current charts, we can clearly see that RoboForex's quotes are lagging.

rapid_minus:
And comparing the current charts, you can clearly see that RoboForex's quotes are lagging.
If you can see that the quotes are different, then what's the question?

The difference is only 2-5 pips. The bars are almost the same, so are the indicator charts. Taking into account that a signal to open a position is formed on the first bar and not on the current zero bar, everything must be the same, at least not so strikingly different. In general, as no one really knows anything, the conclusion is simple: "Trading advice to all traders - keep your naked legs on RoboForex! (Pushkin, from what has not been written). If you're thinking about it, look at the question: what do you think about this kind of advice to all traders?

rapid_minus:
The difference is 2-5 pips. The bars are almost identical and so are the indicator charts. Taking into account that a signal to open a position is formed on the first bar and not on the current zero bar, everything must be the same, at least not so strikingly different. In general, since nobody really knows anything, the conclusion is simple: "Trading advice to all traders - keep your naked legs on RoboForex". (Pushkin, from what has not been written). If you're thinking about it, look at the question: what do you think about this kind of advice to all traders?

That's why I've written everywhere that robots that are tightly bound to spreads, and even more so to quotes, are worthy only of a bin or a toilet bowl. If there is a "allowable spread" option in the bot, it should only be used by the developer, they should be avoided. If a bot requires optimization once a week and the developer has written about it, then it's also rubbish that actually trades on a coin. A normal TS does not require optimization in the tester, except in exceptional cases - once a year.

I find it more striking the settings recommended by the developer: Stopplosus = 27pp, Takeprofit = 11pp, why not 11.4pp or 12.3))) Then you put the setting in the tester not 11, but 15, and that's it - stupid plum in the beast-strategy. This is written nonsense, and then sat for a month picked up the settings, finally picked up and quickly with him in the market.

I cannot imitate tomorrow's movement in the Strategy Tester, I adjusted it to the history and tomorrow it will start moving differently by 2 points and that is the end of the deposit. If the bot trades only on one particular pair, it is also a tester bot. And if it is recommended only to a certain broker, this bot is already too steep.

Hi all.

Can you please tell me if it is possible to download MetaEditor separately from the terminal and work in it in peace.

Ekburg:

Hi all.

Can you please tell me if it is possible to download MetaEditor separately from the terminal and work in it in peace.

What kind of disturbance does the existing one bring, a phobia?

Ekburg:

Hi all.

No download, but you can copy the necessary files and folders from the existing terminal to a separate location or to another computer and work without problems.

AlexeyVik:
No download, but you can copy the necessary files and folders from the existing terminal to a separate location or to another computer and work without problems.
Thank you.
Reason: