Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 805

borilunad:
Because visual information occupies more memory and the rest is not retained. That is the harm of television! By the way, what is there to watch? Commercials, scandals, football?!

Exactly, with any nonsense and it is more than 50% loading, and now guess how much load the brain, for example, when you compose an explanatory essay or simply an essay on a free subject ))))

There you have the visual memory, analytical department, and other sections and departments of the brain working, and even the spinal cord is sometimes involved ;)

Hello.

I'm a complete novice proger and new to the forum. This may be a dumb question, but the problem is really puzzling me.

For some time now, while compiling the Metaeditor has begun to complain about the Symbol() and Period() functions, which previously didn't react at all. Even an innocent code like this:

spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD);

The error sounds like this: 'Symbol' - ambiguous call to overloaded function with the same parameters circle_CADJPY_0.02.mq4

If it were ok, it would scold on something newly written, I would suspect myself and look for errors, but no - what was compiled yesterday and a month ago without errors, also causes an error today.

What is it, has the language syntax changed on the fly or have I gone crazy? I hope it's not both...

bescom:

Hello.

I'm a complete novice proger and new to the forum. This may be a dumb question, but the problem is really puzzling me.

For some time now, while compiling the Metaeditor has begun to complain about the Symbol() and Period() functions, which previously didn't react at all. Even an innocent code like this:

The error sounds as follows: 'Symbol' - ambiguous call to overloaded function with the same parameters circle_CADJPY_0.02.mq4

If it were ok, it would scold on something newly written, I would suspect myself and look for errors, but no - what was compiled yesterday and a month ago without errors, also causes an error today.

What is it, has the language syntax changed on the fly or have I gone crazy? I hope it's neither...

Do that and everything will be fine:

//#property version   "1.00"
//#property strict

borilunad:

Do that, and everything will be fine:

No, the warnings have disappeared, but the errors with the functions I mentioned are still there.

bescom:
No, the warnings are gone, but the errors with the functions I mentioned are still there.
So, edit the functions according to the tweaked Dock!

borilunad:
So, edit the functions according to the tweaked Doc!
Here's the problem - something that compiled yesterday and continues to work as if nothing had happened in the graph today gives an error when compiling in the editor. I can't understand - what's changed in the world?

bescom:
The problem is that something that compiled yesterday and continues to work as if nothing had happened, today gives an error when compiling in the editor. I can't understand - what has changed in the world?

List the functions in your program.

Guys, thanks for wanting to help, but I figured it out on my own. Variables were declared in the EA in this way, even though it is not required:

int Period();     // возвращает значение таймфрейма
string  Symbol(); // возвращает текущий символ (пару)
Why this was considered acceptable by the compiler for a couple of months and then suddenly became a crime as of lunchtime today is the question. True, mt4 was being updated today, probably something did change in the syntax.

People, can you tell me why the OK button is not active when I try to subscribe to signals?

I select a provider - click to subscribe - a window pops up in the "community" tab - I enter my username and password - click ok - tick the box and re-enter the password - and that's it..... the OK button is inactive

OK, got it figured out.... I just registered in MQL4 and signals were delivered through MQL5... Checked in there too
Reason: