Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 141

What is in the metatrader4/tester/logs folder?

webip:
What is in the folder metatrader4/tester/logs?

This is where the messages displayed in the tester logs are located. If you delete them, you will free disk memory from these messages

I have a Windows 7 maximum sp1, russian speaking
After the installation of MT4 terminal build 509 if I choose the item I see the languages-Russian, then after the restart all is written in incomprehensible symbols, if I put English language all is visible normally in English, only in the navigator the name is the same is displayed in incomprehensible symbols as the account was originally registered in Russian. I reached the terminal from Instaforex, but other brokerage companies have the same problem. Probably the problem is in fonts on my OS.

Can you please advise me what are the requirements for fonts, can I add /insert /replace them and how to do it as I don't want to move to another operating system.
I do not want to move other programs - avast antivirus, Opera and all Windows 7 programs (notepad, calculator, etc.) work fine in Russian.

Photos of the terminal in English and Russian are attached

artmedia70:

This is where the messages output to the tester log are located. If you delete them, you will free the disk memory from these messages
Perhaps the right thing to do is to automatically delete the tester logs every time you start a new test or optimisation, I'm sick of clearing it manually every time. I wonder what MT users think about this?

chief2000:
Perhaps the right thing to do is to automatically delete the tester logs every time you start testing or optimising, I'm getting tired of clearing it manually every time. I wonder what MT users think about this?

If you don't need to analyse the debug messages, then delete them. Not all of the messages are displayed in the "log" tab of the tester. They are all located exactly in the logs. Somebody needs them. So take care of cleaning up the space yourself. Or search the site for a walker to clear the log directory.

There is a function for determining the minimum lot size:

int LotDecimal() 
{return (MathCeil (MathAbs (MathLog (bd_LOTSTEP) / MathLog (10))));}

I'm wondering why there's a logarithm, and a natural one at that. Why does it divide one by the other? What did the author want to implement with this function?

People, can you give me a hint? How can I view the contents of an array in mql4?

Zolotai:
People, tell me a tip. How can you view the contents of an array in mql4?
You loop through all the cells of the array and at each iteration print their contents to the log.

Dear colleagues, I have a question about optimisation. I have optimised my Expert Advisor. I am running the data in the tester one by one, without optimisation. Some data may show profit in the beginning, but at the end the yield curve starts to decrease, and vice versa. This begs the question, how to choose the one that will show the same profits from the beginning to the end out of the set of profitable runs. What is the expected payoff for this purpose?

artmedia70:
Loop through all cells of an array and log their contents at each iteration.

It's a bit complicated... It's even a bit long. Is there any way to do it this way. For example, can you print(ExtMapBuffer[0]); and print the contents? Except if it's possible to do it that way, how can I see these values...? With what?
Reason: