I would like to erase the log of the Strategy Test automatically, every time I launch the Strategy Tester.

Hello,

I would like to erase the log of the Strategy Test automatically, every time I launch the Strategy Tester.
Is there a solution ?

Thanks,
Pierre

Roughly (something like)... maybe

If(IsTesting() == true)

{

FileDelete("C:Path\Log.txt");

}

Pierre Rougier:

Hello,

Is there a solution ?

Thanks,
Pierre

Because the log file is outside the MT5 sandbox, you would need to use a DLL call to delete a log file.

Something like:

// Note, this exists in fileapi.mqh, so you should be able to just include it in your code
#import "kernel32.dll"
        // Unicode version, use this in MT5
        bool DeleteFileW(string lpExistingFileName);
#import

// How to use
if( ! DeleteFileW(doomedFile) )
{
        return false;
}

Because the Tester puts a lock on the current log file, it is not possible to delete the log file while the Tester window is open.

Therefore, deleting the file from OnTester() or OnTesterInit() may not be possible. It would be worth trying, though.

The way I handle this is to leave a Windows Explorer window open at all times. When I close the Tester window, I delete the log file. This works every time.

Anthony Garot:

Because the log file is outside the MT5 sandbox, you would need to use a DLL call to delete a log file.

Something like:

Because the Tester puts a lock on the current log file, it is not possible to delete the log file while the Tester window is open.

Therefore, deleting the file from OnTester() or OnTesterInit() may not be possible. It would be worth trying, though.

The way I handle this is to leave a Windows Explorer window open at all times. When I close the Tester window, I delete the log file. This works every time.

In Strategy Tester if you go to the Journal tab and right-click on any of the messages you can select [Clear all Journals] this will also delete the log

iRick:

In Strategy Tester if you go to the Journal tab and right-click on any of the messages you can select [Clear all Journals] this will also delete the log

Do you mean in the Terminal window, Strategy Tester pane, click Journal tab, right-click, and select [Clear Logs]?

Yes, that's another option with perhaps one fewer click. I hadn't used that before. Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, this doesn't clear the Tester log if the Tester visualization window is open, but it does when it's closed, so that's nice.

Oh, how I wish there were a push-button on the [Settings] tab on the Strategy Tester pane. One-click, goodbye .log file.

Thanks Anthony
Thanks iRick 
Reason: