Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 61

VOLDEMAR:

I want to write an EA with closed code, but allow user to edit a file for a signal ...

In other words, the whole eX4 EA, the file with the signal in the open, the EA will have to understand it, how to implement this way ?

I am not sure that I understand your question, but if you want to read a file with signals, you can do it through the same arrays - in your "wizard" you save what you need to the file(FileWriteArray()) and the user will read it(FileReadArray()).

Leo59:
Why does the tester produce different results every time it runs the same thing?
The dates and the number of trades are the same, but the result is different. Now it adds a couple points to profitable trades and nibbles away losses. Otherwise.
Who knows what's wrong?

Do you fix the spread? When you make a run, it is the current one and it is different during the news and in the evening.

VOLDEMAR:

I think ICistom() might work.

Well, if it's an indicator, then yes. you can make an open libc, and let the user change it himself and recompile it.

Good day. I have some questions from newbie in mq4, who has more or less good idea of programming and trading on forex. I have some idea of studying mq4 and writing my own EA. In this case I just want to know if there are technical ways to implement some of the chips I have in my head. I don't ask for specific solutions (although if there are, as well as references to ready-made ones, I don't mind a bit), I'm mostly waiting for answers like "this might be doable, but this isn't".

1) Is it possible to disable/enable selected EAs programmatically, according to separate code?

2) Is it possible to take data from external feed? For example, with dates/data of news or some values of major trends.

3) Is it possible to define support/resistance lines programmatically? I.e. in which price range the price was settled X times or more within the same timeframe interval.

4) Is it possible to lock a trailing stop at negative values? I.e. to move stop-loss not abruptly after X profit and immediately to zero, but smoothly decrease it from the very beginning according to the parameters.

5) Is it possible to "trail" TakeProfit in the opposite direction, for example from over 9000 to -X every X points of profit/loss of a given order.

6) What about the two above, but according to some pattern based on, for example, candlesticks, momentum or some indicators, pushing back or bringing the stoploss/stakeprofit closer by a dynamically determined amount?

7) If the spread (Bid minus Ask? Or is there a ready-made function?) is more than X, then open/not open new orders/close all that are there, etc.

8) If there are open trades with this characteristic (e.g. magic of another EA), then close all your trades/set stoplosses/ do not open in the same direction/etc

9) If the last X orders in Y times closed at a loss/profit, then

10) If [arbitrary criterion], take a break in trading for X seconds.

11) If the price has changed by Y points for X seconds in such-and-such direction, then...

That's all I can remember... ...and this is probably too much))

Irbis:

Good day. I have some questions from newbie in mq4, who has more or less good idea of programming and trading on forex. I have some idea of studying mq4 and writing my own EA. In this case I just want to know if there are technical ways to implement some of the chips I have in my head. I don't ask for specific solutions (although if there are, as well as references to ready-made ones, I don't mind a bit), I'm mostly waiting for answers like "this may be doable, but this is not".

1) Is it possible to disable/enable selected EAs programmatically, according to separate code?

11) If the price has changed for X seconds by Y points in such a direction...

This is all I can remember... I think this is too much))

Anything is possible.

Good afternoon all!

I cannot understand why the iBarShift function does not work

When I specify the date and time of opening as a parameter of a candlestick, iBarShift works

if(High[1] > X)  
X=High[1];
last = iBarShift (Symbol (),0,D'2000.06.01 03:15' ); // ЗАПОМНИТЬ N свечи 

But when I specify the time parameter as a function Time[1] iBarShift doesn't work

if(High[1] > X)  
X=High[1];
last = iBarShift (Symbol (),0,Time[1] ); 

It seems to me it doesn't work because Time[] returns the time of opening in the format of seconds elapsed since 1970.

and not in format D '2000.06.01 03:15'.

Q.Which function returns the candlestick open time in the format iBarShiftneeds ?

Thank you.

Hello . Can you tell me please, the question is probably not that complicated for the knowledgeable, there is a trend line,

The list of objects in the name of the line, my question is whether it is possible to call the line value (in the form of a price)

and if possible, whether it is possible to call the line name. Thanks for the reply

.Example

solnce600:

Good afternoon all!

I cannot understand why the iBarShift function does not work

When I specify the date and time of opening as a parameter of a candlestick, iBarShift works

But when I specify the time parameter as a function Time[1] iBarShift doesn't work

It seems to me it doesn't work because Time[] returns the time of opening in the format of seconds elapsed since 1970.

and not in format D' 2000.06.01 03:15'.

Q.Which function returns the candlestick open time in the format iBarShiftneeds ?

Thank you.

Checked it out, it's working...

VOLDEMAR:

Checked it out, it's working...

Thank you. Sorry to bother you.

VOLDEMAR:

Checked it out, Everything works ...

Can you tell me how to code such an idea.

Timetable TF 5

There is a price level - 1.3000.

At the moment the bid is 1.3150.

The price goes down.

If the price first crosses 1.3000. while inside the hourly candle opened at 15:00 (ie 15:00,15:05.....15:55).

To open a trade.

===================================

For me 2 points are important

- first time

- being inside the 15 hour candle

======================================

How to code these two points.

Reason: