Practice testing, reflection, discussion... - page 13

alexeymosc:

Will you also double-check death caused by falling from 20 floors?

Well, that's a different case.

I don't just tell such stories from nothing. I'm not the first one to notice this "effect" - the calculations show one thing, but the trade shows another (and the deviation is always in the direction of losses)...

prikolnyjkent:

The loss is as many pips as you planned when you set the loss. If I set it 30 pips away from the opening price, I will make a loss. at 30 pips.. (!)

Another thing is that the price is 4 pips closer to my loss than to my profit. That's how it affects ONLY the probability.

Exactly, the loss is determined by the probability, and it is at least 55% in your case with this approach.

vl615c:
Exactly, the loss is determined by the probability, and in your case it is not less than 55% with this approach.

I would agree, if someone could answer the question about the validity of taking into account the impact of spread on probability, when the price is almost always at the midpoint between stops, after opening a position.

prikolnyjkent:

And in general, I wonder how seriously one can talk about the impact of the spread on the statistics of the outcomes of trades with EQUAL stops (SL=TP)...?

SL=TP will give a loss on the spread

alexx_v:

Well, this is clear.

And here is the value of probability, for example - specifically for the conditions of this experiment (spread=2, TP=SL=30) in your opinion what is it?...

alexx_v:

That's right, by the way! It's on a fixed lot, without playing with volumes and trading criteria...

prikolnyjkent:

Well that's clear.

And here is the value of the probability, for example - specifically for the conditions of this experiment (spread=2, TP=SL=30) in your opinion what is it?..?

48,387096774193548387096774193548%

almost like roulette.

Roman.:

That's right, by the way! It's on a fixed lot, without playing with volumes and trading criteria...

Absolutely right, with MM you have to increase TP as much as possible. Then it will be of use.

prikolnyjkent:

Well that's clear.

But the value of the probability, for example - specifically for the conditions of this experiment (spread=2, TP=SL=30) in your opinion what...?

To be honest I don't know where to put this value, therefore I haven't calculated it). But if you do not count, the probability of 100% )) sooner or later, but will lose, proved by forum MKL4 ))

I've been thinking - maybe I'll do an experiment on the anti-martin part, lock the account and start on Monday, because this topic is not fully covered on the forum.
Reason: