Ward 6 - page 36

HideYourRichess:

But, But... Don't be so quick :)))

Problem No.1: too big a step to change settings (period for example) - exit to lower timeframes and apply a large period.

Generally speaking, if we're talking about frequency, we should probably analyse volumes... (thinking aloud)

I'm admittedly shocked at how much has been written here without me.

FAQ: Problem #1: the step of changing the settings (period for example) is too big - we have to go to lower TFs and apply a large period.
Problem #2: the market carrier frequency is constantly changing, because the market is not stationary, which is why the cut-off frequency, which will show market entries and which we will adjust based on past data, must also constantly change in line with the carrier frequency. Therefore, market filtering is a dead end way to trade. Anreal.

FAQ:
... Hm. The first variant needs some more digging (to adjust it to the market realities) and can be sent to the base. Not a bad adaptive MA turned out.
It would be shown on test signals. Say, on a meander with amplitude of a hundred pips, and pulse repetition period of 200 pips, and pulse duration of 100 pips, keeping in mind that these are M5 bars.

FAQ:
Generally speaking, if we're talking about frequency, we should probably analyse volumes... (thinking aloud)

But how, Holmes? (с)

Where to get volumes. In general, I don't really understand. Is voltage a price? Then what is current?

LeoV:
Problem #2: the carrier frequency is constantly changing, because the market is not stationary, so the filter cut-off frequency, which will show market entries and which we will adjust based on past data, must also constantly change in line with the carrier frequency. Therefore, market filtering is a dead end way to trade. Anreal.

The feedback is better, or more precisely, the FPF. It is possible to tune it, but will it give results (it will lag unambiguously). And according to my experience you need to filter several floating carriers at the same time. All in all there are a lot of questions. And the main one - is it worth it?

HideYourRichess:

But how, Holmes? (с)

Where to get the volumes. And I don't really get it at all. Voltage is the price? Then what is the current?

Price has nothing to do with it. If we base it on price, we're getting nowhere with this filter. I was basing it on price acceleration.
Reason: