Humour - page 145

DmitriyN: As for the weakness of the base Ca(OH)2, I wouldn't say it's weak.

Well, sure, but it's not caustic potassium of any kind either.

Dirty quicklime is no good, there's a lot of nastiness in it.

All acids, like acetic acid, will react with CaO, which is good. Their salts have to be removed somehow, too, and they are highly soluble.

Add sulphur, calcium sulphate is a weakly soluble salt.

jartmailru:
Distillation separates not so much alcohol and water as
alcohol solution and all kinds of organics - microorganisms and the results of their life.
Yes, but you don't distill it straight away either. After distillation, the alcohol solution is obtained and then it is cleaned with charcoal, because high concentrated alcohol is much less cleanable with charcoal than low concentrated alcohol.

DmitriyN:
Yes, but they don't distill it straight away either. After distillation, you get a solution of alcohol and then you clean it with charcoal, because high-potency alcohol is much worse at cleaning with charcoal than low-potency alcohol.
Dimitri, it has been verified: homemade spirit is less suitable than coffee grounds for better trading results).

sergeyas:
Dimitri, tested: homemade alcohol is less useful than coffee grounds to improve trading results).
We don't make alcohol, we make wine.

And why would you need such concentrated alcohol for wine?

Mathemat:
And why would you need such concentrated alcohol for wine?
I don't, it's just a matter of interest. In general, it is better to make wine in its natural form, rather than blending individual components, as some factories do, because natural is tastier and more aromatic.

Mathemat:
And why do you need such concentrated alcohol for your wine?

After the wine reaches the required percentage of sugar, fermentation is stopped with alcohol and brought (with alcohol) to the required percentage of alcohol in the wine ... (...but that's how it is.)

I live right next to Magarych, if you need anything I'll run and ask...

DmitriyN:
You don't need to, it's just a matter of interest. It is better to make wine in its natural form rather than blending individual ingredients, as some wineries do, because natural is more flavourful and more aromatic.

It depends on what kind of wine to make - if it's a dry wine, you don't need alcohol - if it's a dessert, you can't make it without alcohol - it'll ferment later...

elmucon:

Once the required percentage of sugar has been reached in the wine, fermentation is stopped with alcohol and brought up to date (with alcohol)

Yeast germs die at high alcohol concentrations. The fewer yeast germs, the better the quality, but the longer the reaction time.

That's why Jews boil wine and get "kosher"
Reason: