[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 263

Hide from panel and tray was a feature in the catbase.

drknn:
I wonder, is there any way to run the terminal in a hidden process? I mean that it should be in RAM and work as it should, but it shouldn't be visible anywhere in the taskbar - neither in the taskbar nor in the system tray.
You can, of course, but how to terminate it correctly?

Zhunko:
You can, of course, but how do you end it correctly?

I had a keylogger. There was a magic key combination, and it started a graphical interface. The only way to trace it otherwise was to look at the RAM processes. In the future I will have to work on a computer, which will have access to more than 1 person. I would like something similar - to disable GUI and let the Expert Advisor run. I need - a combination of keys, and the terminal window appeared on the screen. In general, because of unauthorized users and want to remove its window that the system tray and was not visible.

FAQ:
Hide from panel and tray was a feature in the cotbase.

Is this it? https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/129988 https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9977 If so, it leaves the icon empty in the tray. It doesn't fit.

Of course, it's possible to write such a thing to hide and show all the terminal processes, but not now, if it's not burning, I'll do it at my leisure.

Although maybe Vadim will do it ;) ?

drknn:

I had a keylogger. There was a magic key combination, and it started a graphical interface. The only way to trace it otherwise was to look at the RAM processes. In the future I will have to work on a computer, which will have access to more than 1 person. I would like something similar - to disable GUI and let the Expert Advisor run. I need - a combination of keys, and the terminal window appeared on the screen. In general, because of unauthorized users and want to remove its window that the system tray and was not visible.
For this operating systems provide accounts for different users, so that more than 1 person on a computer does not create problems to each other.

If generally hidden and the process would make, I think it will be popular - someone at work to hide from the boss, someone, such as me - just from the eyes of outsiders in those cases where you need to leave the computer, say, an hour or two. It would be nice to have a startup option at a Windows startup. If someone needs to restart the machine and there are deals open in the market...

Reshetov:
The operating systems have different user accounts for this purpose, so that more than 1 person on a computer does not cause problems for each other.

Ok. Let's say I get my hands on the admin rights and create a guest. I will cut down his rights. The computer will be in the concert hall of the music studio. Anyone who rented the concert hall will have access to it. Now the situation. I start the terminal, switch to a guest, put the guest's computer in his hands and leave on business. I arrive - the machine is restarted. Of course, terminal is not running because nobody has launched it from a password-protected administrator profile. In this case there is a risk of getting a loss on the account. With correct money management it should not exceed 5 percent of the deposit. But I would like to avoid losses. If you do not want to do it (hide) now, you may need it in the future.

You can't work on a public machine at all. No crutches will give a guarantee, 'bad work, God help you'.

drknn:

It is an interesting solution for their programs, but how to do it for MT4? The MT4 developers have to provide this combination.
Reason: