MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 34

Renat, don't you think everyone has yet realised how immensely cool you are?

You have passed many milestones, now you need to get over the stardom. When you do, we will be interested to hear your opinion of you and your competitors again.

hrenfx:

It's not about mulfide, it's about organizing trading in an aggregated feed. It's all easy in theory.

Ok, I'll explain it more fully. We can put multiple gateways into different systems and use intelligent routing with detailed rules to distribute the actual execution.

Let's not confuse STP with the notion of ECN tainted by marketers. ECNs are the future, because clearing clients on each other (without going outside) is the most profitable of the transparent schemes for a broker. You're probably writing about this on purpose, because you realize that you're not very good at it and that you're probably an outsider.

I'm not confused, I just know a lot more.

You are not aware of our existing solutions and integration plans.

MetaTrader 5 has absolutely native integration between any MetaTrader 5 servers by default, which means 100% possibility for any broker to overlap with any other one, and based on easily defined custom rules. The mass of overlaps will work within the MetaTrader 5 infrastructure, which means an inevitable reduction of interest in systems like Currenex.

The MetaTrader 5 Exchange Server cluster component is the exchange engine which allows you to build independent exchanges as well as pure ECN networks. We will release its beta in the coming months.

So there is no smell of outsourcing here.

You have minimal experience in writing robots, since you don't accept scoring or even scalping. What to say about HFT, when trades pluck millisecond market inefficiencies, and there are thousands of them per trading session (see LCI). What kind of testing of an HFT robot can we talk about in the OHLC M1 tester that, in addition, has historical data only on Bid prices?

Yes, I personally do not accept pips.

But did I ask that in the question "give practical evidence of superior infrastructures"? Give technical proof with timings and metrics, please.

Judging by the statement about ticks, you haven't read the article about tick generation in MT5 and don't know about the presence of spreads in every minute (it easily gives a simulation of Ask). Surprised by the statement about OHLC, don't you know about the detailed tick testing mode in MT5?

Or you just do not really know about the functionality and features of MetaTrader 5?

To test a HFT robot you need a tick history with volumes and time of tick existence, with fine tuning in the tester latency, rejects etc. What kind of proof do you need here?

Which Quick?! If it's about replacing a platform for hamsters, that's one thing. If we are talking about serious algotrading - then, at the very least, we need to surpass this solution.

I did not mention crutches for nothing.

The said program works exclusively through external programs and connectors (Quick, AlphaDirect, SmartCOM, Plaza II) and has a lot of technical limitations, which are imposed by imperfection of the host/executing system. It's similar to what MetaStock and TradeStation users went through 10 years ago when trying to connect feeds with analytics. And the historical data must be imported from the outside, because only few interfaces provide deep tick history.

Yes, such links can work, but not massively and only under the strict control of the authors, who forgive themselves any faults of such constructions.

Renat, you as a company have made huge strides with MT4. MT5 is certainly a serious step forward from a programming point of view. But you are really "saving on matches", and, indeed, it's as if the shroud of MT4 success prevents you from taking a sober look at the current state of the industry. To adequately assess the needs of traders (not hamsters). You can try for a long time to ignore the obvious problems with MT5, convincing yourself that you're doing the right thing. But at a subconscious level, you have long felt that you miscalculated somewhere, and taking a serious step back to correct the situation is a big problem, up to a psychological one - the ego, of which you have not a few.

Like anyone, you need positive recognition for your work. That's why you keep popping up on the forum more and more often, talking about the new MT5 feature. You are doing a tremendous amount of work, but the payoff is zero. It is a shame, of course. And you are criticized most of the time.

You have made a mistake, you better fix it instead of pretending there are no mistakes. This is a golden time for your competitors - with MT5 you are more vulnerable than ever.

sand:

Renat, don't you think everyone has yet realised how immensely cool you are?

You have passed many milestones, now you need to get over the stardom. When you do, we will be interested to hear your opinion about you and your competitors again.

When you hear outright speculation about your work, there is no other option than to come out and explain what is real. It does a great job of cooling down the fervour of critics.

Star sickness is not to be commemorated. We conduct our work as quietly as we can. Some people like not to be heard or seen at all.

Coolness is certainly there and our results are something to be proud of.

It's great that the MetaTrader 5 Exchange Server will allow you to create grids. So you do understand that ECNs are the future. Another thing is that it's a solutio n that ties the trading network firmly (I could be wrong) to MT5. And the future is in platform independent solutions to which it is possible to connect any trading platform.

Renat, perhaps we would be able to tell each other a lot more frankly, if the communication format was not a forum. The fact that you do not see the limitations of applicability of simulated ticks, that you do not understand the problem with Ask prices, indicates a very poor understanding of trading. Only trading practice will help here.

hrenfx:

Renat, you as a company have achieved tremendous heights with MT4.

Thank you.

I have no doubt that we will hear similar things about MT5 as well. Especially when we start developing the next system and the cycle repeats itself.

hrenfx:

... But on a subconscious level, you have long felt that you miscalculated somewhere ...

I think so too, even though version 5 is a very powerful tool for trading strategy developers.

Renat:

... ...let's start developing the next ...

I assume that MT4 will live up to MT6.

Renat:

The situation is exactly the opposite - we have a sophisticated automation infrastructure, and they have a lot of crutches and manual work. I have live Quick - no development in last 8 years, terrible QPILE and work through external files with commands.

and these 8 years the Quick has been successfully used to trade on the stock exchange. And you never got into it ... it doesn't work. Tell me 100 times why?

When in the CHI at least one MQL-written robot appears in the winners, we'll talk then.

P.S. Yes, crutches, yes it lags. But traders come and go, and they do not want to use your terminal to trade on the exchange. We have a good relationship with you, and you do not want to fool around with it.

WZ About the future, if you think that the entire financial world will unite under MT5 ... 10, you're wrong. There is an opinion in serious financial circles, the need to develop software for the stock exchanges, which excludes brokers. this is the 21st century. the system of electronic payments....brokers may die as an unnecessary gasket between the trader and the exchange, and along with it the software, which is designed for them. According to my information, work in this direction is in full swing...

Trolls:

Z.Z.I. And about the future, if you think that the entire financial world will unite under the MT5...10 platform, you are wrong. There is an opinion in serious financial circles about the need to develop software for exchanges that eliminates brokers. this is the 21st century. the electronic payment system....Brokers may die as an unnecessary layer between the trader and the exchange, and the software developed for them. According to my information, work in this direction is in full swing...

I'm confused, aren't there brokers working at the stock exchange? If they die, who will work there?

Nafany:

I'm confused, do not brokers work at the stock exchange? If they die, who will work there?

The sysadmins are there to stay. On electronic exchanges, brokers are an unnecessary link. For example, to exchange WebMoney, I do not use the services of a broker, but I myself trade in the exchanger with a tumbler.

Reason: