MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 33

valenok2003:

Soon they will ban them in our country too. I mean in Russia.
Where is this information coming from?

Was from Yuraz, came out either during closed testing or just after. Look in his articles on Five.

There is no such information on Pro Finance, which is strange... I don't trust any other brokers from Russia....

If he does not abolish lots, it means a duck to force traders into certain limits...

Zhunko:

But, after all, Metacquotes is not alone in the trading software market. Now, in the very near future, a new product will be released that is several orders of magnitude better than all the MTs put together.

I won't say who yet. The new terminal does not have a built-in language of its own, but it does have existing languages like C++, C# and possibly others. It has a built-in tick multi-currency strategy tester. This is enough to compete in the software market. I forgot to say that the terminal will be free. I think I understood it that way.

Consider that the single terminal business ended about 5 years ago. They are left with a marginal niche with low revenues and a chance to hold on by parasitizing on someone else's infrastructure.

The present and future lies in integrated full-service solutions such as MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.

You may not believe it, but it is true.

Renat:

Consider that the single terminal business ended about 5 years ago. They are left with a marginal niche with low revenues and a chance to hold on by parasitizing on someone else's infrastructure.

The present and future lies in integrated full-service solutions such as MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.

You may not believe it, but it is true.

I agree, of course, but if this integrated solution had a place for ticks and common high-level languages... Then there wouldn't be single solutions that would get rid of these disadvantages of integrated solutions. There is such a need.

Renat:

The future is really about full cycles. But just at the moment, there is no full cycle for either MT4 or MT5. A broker buys MT4, then has to go to third party developers who connect MT4 to trade through bridges, etc. All this requires considerable additional costs, both material and time. There is no all-in-one solution - buy, configure and "forget" about it (except for the crazy kitchen).

If such a solution were to emerge, there would be a rapid redistribution of the market.

hrenfx:

The future is really about full cycles. But just at the moment, there is no full cycle for either MT4 or MT5. A broker buys MT4, then has to go to third party developers who connect MT4 to trade through bridges, etc. All this requires considerable additional costs, both material and time. There is no all-in-one solution - buy, configure and "forget" about it (except for the crazy kitchen).

Should such a solution appear, there will be a rapid redistribution of the market.

With MetaTrader 5, you'll have to turn to third-party developers a lot less often. Look at the news on our website to see at what speed we are connecting exchanges and other systems: Currenex, Hotspot FX, CitiFX, SMX, RTS, DGCX, GBOT. Right now we are working on 3 more exchanges.

MetaTrader 4 has attracted third-party developers only due to the fact that since 2007 we have invested all our energy in the development of a new platform. This will not happen with MetaTrader 5.

The rapid redistribution in forex has already been completed, now the game has moved to the stock market.

Take a look at the list of 497 (actually there are many more, not all have bought licences for the mobile versions) brokerage servers in MetaTrader 4 for iPhone:

Renat:

With MetaTrader 5 it will already be necessary to turn to third-party developers much less frequently. Look at the news on the website at what speed we are connecting exchanges and other systems: Currenex, Hotspot FX, CitiFX, SMX, RTS, DGCX, GBOT.

Here in the comments you have asked the right question. Can you answer it?

The rush to redistribution in the forex market is over, now the game has moved to the stock market.

The rush to redistribution in forex is yet to come. The future lies in aggregation, uniting the entire retail industry into a single ECN network and merging with institutions. Independent soles, with the ability to connect multiple platforms at once, including full cycles. Retail-FOREX will wash off the dirt (in which it got dirty thanks to Metaquotes, but this stage the industry could not help passing). And the institutionalists will be forced to give up their elaborate schemes of price manipulation, which they use freely, using their, as a rule, monopolistic (non-alternative, see the question above) position.

The stock market is something else entirely. I don't know much about it. The only thing is that every year the LCI shows that on the same RTS they write robots, having their own efficient infrastructure even for testing HFT-robots, which in the current position MT5 is absolutely unable to do.

hrenfx:

A valid question was askedhere in the comments. Can you answer it?

It's easy to build a multifid on the MT5.

The rapid redistribution in forex is yet to come. The future lies in aggregation, the merging of the entire retail industry into a single ECN network and merging with institutions. Independent soluƟons, with the ability to connect multiple platforms at once, including full cycles.

I'm afraid you are not up to speed on the financial maths of this business. Especially the mathematics of the ECN scheme. Have you noticed how the ECN fashion has gone? After the marketing wave, brokers started counting and got it all figured out.

The forex market is fundamentally and conceptually fragmented because of its model. There can be partial consolidation on it by eating/pushing out small players, but not by building a single ECN. Understanding this does not come immediately.

The stock market is different. I don't know much about it. The only thing is that every year the LCI that is held shows that on the same RTS they write robots, having their own efficient infrastructure even for testing HFT robots, which in the current position MT5 is absolutely incapable of doing.

Why make "unable" statements and make up myths without practical evidence of "superior infrastructures" in hand?

The situation is exactly the opposite - we have a contrived automation infrastructure and they have a lot of crutches and hand-to-hand work. I have a live Quick - no development in the last 8 years, terrible QPILE and work through external files with commands.

Renat:

It's easy to build a multifid on an MT5.

It's not about the multifid, it's about organising trading in an aggregated feed. It's all easy in theory.

I'm afraid you are not up to speed on the financial maths of this business. Especially the mathematics of the ECN scheme. Have you noticed how the ECN fashion has gone? After the marketing wave, brokers started counting and got it all figured out.

The forex market is fundamentally and conceptually fragmented because of its model. There can be partial consolidation on it by eating/pushing out small players, but not by building a single ECN. Understanding this does not come immediately.

Let us not confuse STP with the notion of ECN tainted by marketers. ECN is the future, because clearing clients on each other (without output) is the most profitable of all transparent schemes for a broker. You seem to be deliberately unflattering on this topic, because you understand that you have not succeeded in this and are likely to be on the outsider's side.

Why make "incapable" statements and make up myths without practical evidence in hand?

You have minimal experience of writing robots since you don't accept pips and even scalping. What to say about HFT, when trades pluck millisecond market inefficiencies, and there are thousands of them per trading session (see LCI). What kind of testing of an HFT robot can we talk about in the OHLC M1 tester where historical data are available only for the Bid price?

To test a HFT-robot you need a tick history (and better - several price levels of Market Depth) with volumes and tick existence time, with the fine tuning of latency, rejects, etc. in the tester. What proof do you need here?

What Quick?! If we're talking about replacing a platform for hamsters, that's one thing. If we're talking about serious algotrading - at the very least, you have to outperform this solution.

Reason: