MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 21

C-4:

+100. The developers, and with them the public, are going the wrong way.

Many technical tasty things like OpenCL do not improve profitability/professionalism of the trader. The terminal has remained as it was in currency trading, and I can't even imagine what it will do with its functionality on the exchanges. The MQL5 language itself is certainly a breakthrough on the scale of MQL4. Now instead of a scooter we have a car, although the main industry has long been riding on starships like "C Sharp".

Don't be deceived, there are 5.5 people sitting in this "C# Sharp" spaceship asking questions about "yes, we must build the infrastructure! In MetaTrader 4 /5 all the infrastructure is built, there's plenty of documentation and examples, and all you need to do is use it.

Many programmers have chosen the "right" way of development, without understanding the essence of this business. As a result - a quiet death.

IgorM:

Renat : is it really so hard to make an order with zero volume in the MT5 functionality to imitate a lock?, let it only be on the terminal side, any discussion of MT5 comes down to a discussion of netting in MT5, and as a consequence the impossibility of the platform existing without locks :))))

I'm afraid you don't even appreciate the implications of such advice. Or, on the contrary, you wish an early death to the system. We have listened to a lot of beautiful and sincere advice to "kill yourself against the wall" over the years.

The issues with the lokas have long been closed.

Renat:

The issues with the lokas have long been closed.

When you solve the issue of OCO orders, then they will be closed. In the meantime, they are not closed, but jammed.

TheXpert:
When the OCO warrants issue is resolved, then it will be closed. In the meantime, they are not closed, but jammed.

What kind of warrants are these?

Вы не в курсе истории разработки МТ4. Там тоже 4 года шли постоянные билды с новыми функциями. И точно так же идет МТ5.

If you wanted to, MT4 would have continued to roll out further - that's our job. But we decided in time to launch a new platform.

They could have, but they could have stopped, and they did, because the stability was reached, and that was the goal. If now there is no such goal, but only a pumping, then it is true what I said - in the near future, the mass transition to the five is unlikely.

Have a look at the discussions of the same news on MQL5.com

You will see there mostly professional or just strong programmers - they are not an indicator.

The answer to this question has been voiced not just many times, but rather a hundred times in the last few years.

These are the rules of stock trading, and the ubiquitous change in regulation of Forex trading rules negates the use of locks. For example, many years ago NFA prohibited American brokers to use Loks at all.

Thanks for the reply. However, it is not clear what do the rules and the trader have to do with it? Let the broker withdraw netting if it is critical to him, if not, let the counters withdraw. And the trader has no agreement with NFA on the client side, so he is free to trade with the broker's dealing according to the agreement with the broker. In addition - there is a clause of prohibition in 4 - who needs it. We have a lot of brokers who are active in the market and do not have any contracts with NFA, thus they have the freedom to trade with their brokers.

Roman.:

What orders are these?

Order Cancel Order (One Cancel Other)

Execution of one order from this pair automatically cancels the second order in the pair. An OCO order is recommended for simultaneous Take Profit and Stop Loss orders for an open position.

faa1947:

I'm capable of evaluating 5 and I'm not discussing it, I'm discussing things you don't understand at all, you don't even know what it relates to.

You are incapable of appreciating the place of your tester by calling it a "strategy tester". This tester is not capable of testing any strategies at all. I name what it does not test of the generally accepted, and you tell me about politics.

My thoughts would greatly improve your product. It would become more interesting for traders, rather than for programmers. But it is neither: nothing special for programmers (comparable to C++), and for traders in general, nothing meaningful, just fussy posturing.

Politics is what you used as circumstantial evidence "fucked up the country, democrats, yes we are in the sixties etc".

Before issuing thoughts about improving someone else's product, about which you have no practical knowledge, it is advisable to familiarise yourself with it, rather than issuing statements:

• this tester cannot test any strategies in principle
  • it does not test from a universally recognized
  • nothing special for programmers (compare with C++)
  • nothing meaningful for traders, only fussy postures
  • a set of indicators - most of them have nothing to do with the trading platform
  • It is ridiculous to talk about tools (components) for building TS

I am afraid it is you who do not know what you are talking about, and at the same time arguing with the developer of five generations of trading platforms, who has spent the last 12 years developing systems on a daily basis.

-Aleksey-:

Thanks for the reply. But what do the rules and trader have to do with it? Let the broker withdraw netting if it is critical to him, if not, let the counters withdraw. And the trader has no agreement with NFA on the client side, so he is free to trade with the broker's dealing according to the agreement with the broker. In addition - there is a clause of prohibition in 4 - who needs it. We have a lot of brokers who are active in the market and do not have any contracts with NFA, in other countries they have no problems with it.

As long as a trader looks at the world solely from the trader's point of view, there will continue to be questions of "I don't understand why the trader is here" and advice of "let the broker twist things around".

You cannot go against explanations and advice to look around. You know very well that the rules and regulations are set elsewhere, that there are many more parties involved in the process than "1 trader".

PapaYozh:

Order Cancel Order (One Cancel Other)

Execution of one order from this pair automatically cancels the second order in the pair. An OCO order is recommended for simultaneously setting Take Profit and Stop Loss orders for an open position.

Got it. Thank you.

Renat:

developer of five generations of trading platforms, who has spent the last 12 years developing systems on a daily basis.

Wow! Tough guy.
Reason: