MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 15

Reshetov:

Netting makes autotrading easier...

Sounds like a mantra in the lotus position)

Netting makes autotrading difficult... Actually. And that's a real problem.

4 Mathemat and VladislavVG, and the rest of the discussion.

I will try to express my thought in a way that stops the muddled discussion.

TC is the articulated embodiment of money-making technology.

A lock is a temporary, intermediate technological state of the trading process.

It doesn't change the state of the account, nor should it. I change the state of the account with my decisions.

Netting forcibly overrides TWO of my decisions, and often to my detriment. Not to mention the hassle of accounting and handling the combined position.

Why should I do that?

And don't tell me that I am not making the wrong money.

From the broker's point of view, any trader's earning is the wrong thing!

I hope I have made myself very clear.

I will add - trader, broker, proger are three completely different visions of trading.

I think further discussion of the locks topic is pointless.

OnGoing:
We are not talking about me or specific projects yet. We are talking about theoretical possibilities.

nn, well, just write it straight: engaging in chattering and trolling

sever31:somewhere in the middle of the TC, the moment I hit a random lok - unique, and there I wasn't allowed to open poses.

If you do not know the difference between the two, don't worry, when you see a profit/loss on the first open position, it may be necessary to start a new one.

We could introduce in MT5 a fictitious order in the terminal - at least visually, which would imitate a lock at the terminal level, and then perhaps the problem of the TS migration from MT4 to MT5 would disappear.

Renat:

We provide the tools for trading.

Your trading tool is your entry and exit into a position. That's it. The rest is covered by the programmer's blinders.

And trading strategies have to be developed by traders themselves.

Or are you saying that exactly the terminal developers have to write a hundred strategies?

You do not need strategies from you. You need the tools to develop the strategies. There are a lot of ready-made blocks in this area. The difference is the same as between the assembler (in this case the MQL) and a high-level language.

You are delusional.

These are unnecessary words for you.
The Strategy Tester has all the tools necessary for debugging strategies, including full visualisation of multicurrency testing. The debugging toolset is an order of magnitude higher in MetaTrader 5 than in MetaTrader 4.

The Monte Carlo method is just one of the numerical methods for generating randomness. We use similar ideas as a genetic algorithm in a trading strategy optimizer.

The idea of bar sequence generation should lead you directly to the article "Algorithm of tick generation in the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 terminal". This is a basic education.

Thank goodness you are familiar with Monte Carlo. Your opinion on TC coefficient diagnostics, residuals diagnostics, stability diagnostics is desirable. It's chewed up, but you're in the clouds, don't see it and attribute God knows what to your tester. It's not your generation of ticks that should be input, but a set of ticks with controllable stat characteristics and other things that the TS is or isn't working on. This is a basic literacy for gifted programmers offering a product for use in economics.

It's amazing to observe people's feelings. It seems to them that everything around takes place by itself and for free, but in fact, someone manages and methodically builds everything.

Documentation, code bases, tutorials, articles, championships, services and all sorts of materials have been built by someone completely unambiguous.

I'm not trying to diminish your achievements and I consider your terminal an achievement in this field. But the emphasis is very much shifted to the programming area. There is virtually no attention paid to the economic side of the issue.

As a trader I am interested in the latter. My money is here.

Avals:

the difference is that 4ka is easier for non-professional programmers.

It only seems that way. One quickly gets used to a good thing. When a novice programmer sees that instead of re-inventing the wheel, he/she can inherit a ready-made class from the library and just redefine the necessary methods for the task, the talk in the ranks will stop quickly.

Renat:

It's about your statements, which show a lack of experience in creating products.

There aren't even any names left, such was the level of work.

All that was there is with me. You cannot create anything like that, because there is no environment in which you can show your best. A country with about a million software product developers was destroyed. Reporting issues were automated. Forecasting and optimisation were widely programmed.

faa1947:
Everything that was - it's with me. You cannot create anything like that, because there is no environment in which you can prove yourself to the best of your ability. A country with about a million software product developers was destroyed. Reporting issues were automated. Forecasting and optimisation were widely programmed.

What country did you live in? :)

Avals:

What country did you live in? :)

USSR

faa1947:

USSR

And on what machines was all this software used? I am familiar with the work of our programmers at the time, but the most that was done was adaptation of foreign developments. There was not even a decent domestic computer - what were they developing on?
Reason: