MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 18

zxc:

How happy everyone is that the developers have forbidden opening more than one position. You all rejoice like children. Tomorrow they will ban something else, it will make you even happier. Really? :)

Show me the exact place where the developers imposed a ban on opening more than one position? It's on MT4 that some kitchens have a limit on the number of positions you can open at the same time. And in MT5 you can open them as long as you have enough free funds, because there are plenty of trading threads and nothing else is slowing you down if the connection with the server is normal. And if you will alternately open counter positions, then as long as you do not use up all of the free margin on the spread, there will not be any bans.

About the benefits of MT5......

.. Multicurrency trading and testing is cool - well done!

... OHLC tester - good! ......

netting..... is debatable...

That's it! - the rest is insignificant.

I wanted at least

- The possibility of idle trading with at least several EAs with the ability to switch from idle to real trading using the program method based on analysis of balance and equity charts.

- Quick and convenient automatic access to statistics on trading results, i.e. to the array of trades (I am interested in the result of deals, drawdown of equity and losses of equity) of both real and idle EAs. + possibility of constructing different indicators on results charts automatically.

+ it is possible to build a usable neuronet with settings for buses.

+ I have a lot of things I want, not colored buttons on the control panel!

I have no technical education. The developers are smart guys who could have done it - but they really have to twist too much with such a realization on MT4).

Although, perhaps it's a marketing ploy - we improve a little...

MT6 will differ from MT5 with one coloured button with a sound signal )))) and an icon))

Reshetov:

Show me the exact place where the developers have imposed a ban on opening more than one position? It's on MT4 that some kitchens have a limit on the number of positions that can be opened at the same time. And in MT5 you can open them as long as free funds do not run out, because there are a lot of trade flows and nothing else is slowing down if the connection with the server is normal. And if you alternately open counter positions, then as long as you do not use up all of the free margin on the spread, there will be no bans.

So, if you open two positions in different directions, with the same lot, they will not close immediately after opening, and each will take a profit?

jelizavettka:
I wonder how lockers get out of locs??? The lock is required to break! Why lose the extra spread and load the deposit with extra margin? You cannot understand lockers with your mind - this is the part of telepathy.
What is more horrible to you than a losing lock or a profitable one?

jelizavettka:

MT6 will differ from MT5 with one coloured button with a beep )))) and an icon))

What do you mean? There will be nothing but one coloured button that says "Chop Money" in the terminal?

Reshetov:
And they do not exit locks, because it is a violation of the basic principles of locking. After all, according to the ideology of locking, you should enter lots with a loss and exit with a profit. The first part is successful without problems. But no one has ever managed to wait for profit to be generated in a lot. But they have not given up hope, because hope is the last to die along with the lock.

Ahhh) now I see) It's the kitchen BCs that asked MT5 developers to remove the locks - so that lockers wouldn't be locked up and would be emptying faster)

zxc:

Now about locks. Have you ever thought that you can use multidirectional positions not only for lots (for a lock, as you understand it), but also simply to trade two different strategies simultaneously?

Would you say you can do it by opening just one position? Okay, here's an example: Price is at 1.500 and we take a take at both 1.550 and 1.450 using different strategies. We open two positions, each according to a different strategy. It is clear here. Now, if we open only one position - which one should we open first? Where the price will go first is unknown. We open a buy position at Take 1.550, and the price decides to go to 1.450 first. Or vice versa. In other words, we will trade now as before, but the profit will be twice less. Isn't it great?

So it is not a problem, all your advisers should send all information about working with orders and positions to a special advisor (but they do not trade themselves), which keeps in its memory all your deals in all directions in all systems and manages real orders and positions with all this in mind.

DmitriyN:
What's scarier for you than a losing lock or a profitable one?

They don't scare me, they disgust me! Although, I'll read about the destruction of locos, as Roman advises... maybe I'll laugh, maybe I'll think... Maybe I'll think about it... more like the first.

IgorM: A year later things got worse - there was a class with 20 Intel486DX, you really had to sit and work at the computer, the machine_sucker was compiling a 100+ line project in one click of the mouse.... )))))))))

When I taught computer science (late 90's), there were classes with some 80286-powered pisukes. Even on such a machine, compiling code in Pascal was also instantaneous.

Reshetov:

What do you mean? Nothing but one coloured button that says "Chop Money" in the terminal?

Oh! That would be great!))) I meant a button that's useless) - one that you just poke at in a trance, looking at the quotes, and have it make a sound and that's it)

Reason: