[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 647

alexeymosc:

Dear, do a test on opening prices to keep the experiment clean.

PS: in the report I posted the dates are up to the current date, so your period is covered. But the other DC as I see it by 5 digits.

aha 5 digits, quotes only for one year why test for 10 years... you will sit in drawdowns for 10 years and wait for small profits...)

opening prices

alexeymosc:
And another question: are the minutes or ticks taken from ducas?

I have been using it for a long time and it is far from perfect.

i am disappointed in many of the owls after normal testing and this is far from ideal, in real trade it will still be different

but what mt4 offers us and the quotes... it's fantastic ...

7Konstantin7:
ticks and converted all to mt4 all timeframes
OK, then it's serious. Still a big difference from my testing. Differences in the data, apparently.

alexeymosc:
OK, then it's serious. Still a big difference from my testing. Differences in the data, apparently.
Yeah I wrote above unfortunately everything is not for the people...(

7Konstantin7:

I have been using it for a long time and it is far from perfect.

i got disappointed in many owls after a proper testing, but this is far from ideal, in real trade it will still be different.

but what mt4 and DT quotes offer us... ...but what mt4 offers us ... is fantastic ...

Yes.

And if we just take a minute history from D and test the Expert Advisors at opening prices (TP and SL should be larger, so as not to introduce distortions due to the lack of popping history)?

alexeymosc:

Yes.

And if we just take a minute history from D. and test EAs by opening prices (TP and SL should be bigger, so as not to introduce distortions due to lack of popping history)?

I don't know, I've been a friend of EAs and tester for about 3 or 4 months, before that I was looking for hands for 3 years :D If my EA is grid, grid, ilan, different names, I think it's OK... you could try it on the demo for 2 weeks and then it would become clear

But if the system is more serious, it is very difficult to test it normally, at least one way to find the most accurate settings

Here is the link https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://tradelikeapro.ru/kak-poluchit-kachestvo-modelirovaniya-99//

alexeymosc:

I think you can remove ticks in the tester, for example, but in real life they will appear... then the point of such a test(

in the tester the ticks are not the same as in real life

7Konstantin7:

I think you can remove ticks in the tester, for example, but in real life they will appear... then the point of such a test(

in the tester the ticks are not the same as in real life

The topic is debatable and sufficiently transparent at the same time. If your Expert Advisor is focused on small targets (small Take Profit, Stops, closing positions after a small profit), then the simulation is 99% useless. Or it will help, but not really. As you said yourself, real ticks are different from available data-feed. Only micro and centre-real. If the Expert Advisor is working on large take, stops, targets, or just on opening prices, then my variant is quite suitable.

alexeymosc:
The topic is debatable and quite transparent at the same time. If your Expert Advisor is focused on small targets (small Take Profit, Stops, closing positions after a small profit), then it won't help even if it is middling 99% of the time. Only micro and centre-real. If the Expert Advisor is working on larger take outs, stops, targets, or just opening prices, then my option is fine.

Yeah, it depends on the strategies)

And of course it's better to check on real cents

alexeymosc:
The topic is debatable and quite transparent at the same time. If your EA is focused on small targets (small takeaways, stops, closing positions on reaching a small profit), then the modelling will not help 99%. Or it will help, but not really. As you said yourself, real ticks are different from available data-feed. Only micro and centre-real. If the EA is working with big tees, stops, targets, or just opening prices, then my variant will do fine.

i know it's interesting just because it holds! but it doesn't fit my logic withdrawal from drawdowns and drawdowns in general is bad! i personally look at it and understand that it needs a lot of money to work! i want a less voracious owl! so i gave up on ilan! i already have ilan working with bolinger bands! i am crazy about it! now go ahead! it means a completely different view of trading!
Reason: