The revenge strategy - page 5

Here was the topic:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/133401

I did an owl, but it didn't work out so well. Has anyone had a better experience?

Stells:

Here was the topic:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/133401

I did an owl, but it didn't work out so well. Has anyone had a better experience?

And strategies of this type ... can't be profitable. ... it's better not to even try...

jelizavettka:

And the strategies of this type ... cannot be profitable. ... it's better not to even try.

Which ones might they be? Tell Us? And how did Tim come second at ATC 2011? He used M15, ZigZag, TrailingStop and some kind of filter (he keeps silent). With this strategy he not only succeeded in the Championship (although it is a good result that most EA writers on the Forum are dreaming of), but using this strategy he is running on autopilot in reality.

P.S.: Undoubtedly, luck was on Tim's side, but luck alone won't be enough...

MaxZ:

Which ones might they be? Tell Us? And how did Tim come second at ATC 2011? He used M15, ZigZag, TrailingStop and some kind of filter (no details). With this strategy he not only succeeded in the Championship (although it is a very good result that most EA writers on the Forum are dreaming about) but he is also using this strategy in reality on the automatic mode.

P.S.: No doubt and luck was on Tim's side, but luck alone won't be enough...

HE's holding back on the main thing. You need a filter for a strategy like this.... which ... is more complicated than the strategy itself))

jelizavettka:

He's missing the point.
Do you think it's all about the filter? Do you think that if Tim had traded without ZigZag, just using MA's, or whatever, the result would have been close to what has been achieved?

jelizavettka: HE's holding back on the main point. It's a strategy that requires a filter.... which is... more complicated than the strategy itself.)

Words not of a boy, but of a husband.

You get the idea, Lizaveta. There is no relevant girl/woman proverb.

MaxZ:
Do you think it's all about the filter? Do you think that if Tim had traded without ZigZag, just on the MA, or whatever, the result would have been close to what was achieved?

It does not matter what we trade with, but identification of local extrema will never hurt any strategy. It's just that this strategy is dry - 100% sure.... I've had something similar. I know why. I know why they fail. - months of hard work and research spent on this.

Mathemat:

The words are not of a boy, but of a husband.

You get the idea, Lizaveta. There is no corresponding girl/woman saying.

Hear the words not of a boy, but of a husband (approval of sound, mature judgement; bookish).

Thank you) nice)

Filter, Owooooooooo!!!! :D

jelizavettka:

It makes no difference what you trade ... but identifying local extremes won't hurt any strategy. It's just that this strategy is dry - 100% sure.... i had something similar. and i know why... why they're losing... - months of hard work and research have gone into it.
So it doesn't work!!, and I was downloading - good thing I didn't read it at least I should delete it. (yes the title implies a leak)
Reason: