Interesting and humorous - page 85

Oh, the horror. )))))))) People, people, where are you going?

The unfamiliar sound of foreign speech is most often the cause of culture shock. In China or Vietnam, a local language sounding like "xiao-miao-lao" may well drive us crazy. The German "Rosenkleitze Rotenbertschmacher Steinblumenrichtenstadt" style speech is reminiscent of Hitler's election campaign speech in timbre and intensity. And how does our, Russian, such a native and understandable, language sound to foreigners?
Please, answers below.

Australia:
Russian sounds very brutal, masculine. It's the language of real macho men.
(Will, financial analyst, Australia)

Czech Republic:
To me Russian sounds exactly like Polish. Same intonation, same "feminine" pronunciation, especially compared to Czech.
(Jakub, Financial Analyst, Czech Republic)

UK:
For me Russian is somewhere between a walrus growl and a Brahms melody.
(Abe, accountant, UK)

Ireland:
Before I started studying Russian, and for some time after I started my Slavistics classes, the more it seemed to me like a record of any other world language, blown backwards.
(Gethin, Intelligence, Ireland)

Mongolia:
The amazing thing about Russian is that it can sound completely different: it all depends on the speaker, and on what exactly is being said. In principle, Russian can be made to sound angelic if one so desires. True, true! Russian is plasticine from which anything you like can be molded.
(Batyr, photographer, Mongolia)

New Zealand:
It's as if someone hasn't coughed properly, has a mouthful of saliva and yet tries to speak.
(Dean, retired, New Zealand)

The Netherlands:
The Russian language is the sounds a cat would make if put in a box full of marbles: squeaking, squealing and complete confusion.
(William-Jan, designer, Netherlands)

USA:
I always thought Russian was a mixture of Spanish with a rounded "r", French with an added "g" and German coarse sounds.
(Jeremy, teacher, USA)

Italy:
It's like an invitation to desperate flirting. And especially when Russian girls say in an incredibly sweet voice this "PACHIMU?" of theirs. Publish me, please.
(Alessio, journalist, Italy)

Corsica:
Highly emotional language - Russians put a lot of feeling and passion into the intonation. Example: "Wow!"
(Chris, consultant, Corsica)

Germany:
Russian is a pair of familiar words lost in the complete linguistic chaos of unpleasant sounds.
(Albertine, infectious disease doctor, Germany)

UK:
Like the sound of sandpaper scraping across a rough surface covered with a thin layer of varnish. And speaking of provincials, their Russian is the sound of sandpaper scraping on a rough surface without any varnish at all.
(Mark, teacher, UK)

Israel:
It's like the roar of a bus stuck in traffic. "Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes." And so it goes on and on.

France:
The Russian language is like a very badly tuned radio receiver: full of unnecessary rustling, crackling and creaking
(Maria, translator, France)

Just like in the movie )

alexeymosc:
Just like in the movie.)

Don't wave space stats around on forums so you don't have to sit in jail and tell them you were just imagining things )))))

An investigation has also been initiated into the abducted man himself. The IC is investigating whether the use of the computer programme was lawful.
It is illegal to win on the stock exchange.
Reason: