[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 349

scooper:

I have scripts written by me in the editor navigator in the scripts folder. I can also see them in the navigator of the MT4 trading terminal. But I cannot find them on my hard disk! The same is true for Expert Advisors. I can only see those that came with MT4.

Can you please tell me where they are stored on my hard disk?

They are stored in LocalSettings, why is that up to the developers.

I drag and drop them to MetaTrader, but I have to change the owner of directories :(

Zhunko:
Yes, but it's possible to do everything with graphical objects.

Thanks, for the answers. I'll try different ways.

I'll get to the bottom of how to do it right .

Good luck.

tara:

They are stored in LocalSettings, it's up to the developers why.

I drag and drop them into MetaTrader, but I have to change the owner of the directories :(

It seems that you do not have XP. In this case it's easier to put the terminal in the root of the drive and there is no directory ownership problem! All the files are in their place.

Greetings forum members. Please advise how to solve the following problem in general form: there are two rays (for example, one with coordinates x1y1, x2y2 and second with coordinates x3y3, x4y4). Need to determine the coordinates of the intersection point of these rays. Thank you in advance.

AndEv:
Greetings forum members. Can you advise how to solve in general the following problem: there are two rays (for example, one with coordinates x1y1, x2y2 and second with coordinates x3y3, x4y4). Need to determine the coordinates of the intersection point of these rays. Thank you in advance.

Keeping your notations, the required intersection point with coordinates X0, Y0 is calculated as follows (with k1!=k3):

There is a question.
The indicator is supposed to use the price position relative to the channel walls. According to the conditions, the price is always inside the channel.
Suppose we have a channel, the upper limit = ch, the lower limit = cl, let's call the price ma. The value we are looking for is indicator.
We used expressions like:
indicator=((ma-cl)-(ch-ma))/(ch-cl);
indicator=(ma-cl)/(ch-cl);
- were not so impressed.

Are there any other suggestions? Any are accepted - arithmetic, trigonometric, logarithmic, etc. Perhaps there are generic solutions for similar problems?

OneDepo:

Keeping your notations, the required intersection point with the coordinates X0, Y0 is calculated as follows (with k1!=k3)

Thank you, I will try it this way.

granit77:
There is a question.
The indicator is supposed to use the price position relative to the channel walls. The price is always inside the channel.
Suppose we have a channel, the upper border = ch, the lower border = cl, let's call the price ma. The value we are looking for is indicator.
- were not so impressed.

Are there any other suggestions? Any are accepted - arithmetic, trigonometric, logarithmic, etc. Perhaps there are generic solutions for similar problems?

If the channel width is a variable value, set the number of bars at which the average (preferably maximum) width is obtained. From this average width in percents (lower limit - 0, upper limit - 100) we obtain the price position. What am I writing something wrong?

SZY. We memorize the maximum and minimum prices of the channel at the same time.

granit77:
There is a question.
The indicator is supposed to use the price position relative to the channel walls. According to the conditions, the price is always inside the channel.
Suppose we have a channel, the upper limit = ch, the lower limit = cl, let's call the price ma. The value we are looking for is indicator.
This was somehow unimpressive.

Are there any other suggestions? Any are accepted - arithmetic, trigonometric, logarithmic, etc. Perhaps there are typical solutions for similar problems?

I think the most beautiful variant is the following: indicator=100*(ma-cl)/(ch-cl); Firmly fix minimum and maximum in the indicator (0 and 100 correspondingly). This will be the price position relative to the channel walls in percents. The display is linear. Logarithmic displaying makes sense only when the price is on a certain area for the most part of time.

snail09:

If the channel width is a variable value, set the number of bars at which the average (preferably maximum) width is obtained. From this average width in percents (lower limit - 0, upper limit - 100) we obtain the price position. What am I writing something wrong?

SZZ. We memorise the maximum and minimum prices of the channel at the same time.

FxRoller:

I think the most illustrative option would be this: indicator=100*(ma-cl)/(ch-cl); In the indicator, fix the minimum and maximum (0 and 100 respectively). This will be the price position relative to the channel walls in percents. The display is linear. Logarithmic displaying makes sense only when the price is on a certain area for the most part of time.

Not different from the already proposed variant
Reason: