[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 154

dent:
Can you please advise if there is an EA which when a position is opened and the price jumps to profit by a certain amount of pips, sets a stop on 2/3 of a pips and simultaneously opens a position in the same direction with a stop on the same place as the previous position. in case of another jerk by the same amount of pips, the algorithm repeats and all the stops are dragged

First, a question: What is your understanding of the word "jerk"?

1). GEPs of n points or more;

2). Or a price movement in one direction in n-pips in m-seconds;

3). None of the above, different answer.

Try to explain your definition of "jerk" in algorithmic language. This will be problematic... Because by trying to program an invented algorithm, when tested you will see "jerks" where you don't want them to be.

Still, it is interesting to get your answer to the question.

MaxZ:

2). Or a price movement in one direction in n pips in m-seconds;

3). None of the above, different answer.

Try to explain your definition of 'jerk' in algorithmic language. This will be problematic... Because by trying to program an invented algorithm, when tested you will see "jerks" where you don't want them to be.

many people like to use Bolinger... ;)

The jerk is the overcoming of three SCOs.

Question - what TF are you "playing" on?

RMS will be different. "The price movement in one direction is n-points per m-seconds;" here is conditional for seconds.

There are also jerks on days.

;)

There is a well-known system of Keltner channels plus Bollinger bands.

Gentlemen, I am looking for a program (advisor) which would allow to indicate by sound and colour the complete nesting of the bands inside the Keltner channel and then, when the price moves out of the flat, a sound signal when the bands cross the channel. Timeframes from 1 min to H4: Please advise if this is someone's idea.

Question - what TF do you "play" on?

If the question is addressed to me and I need a pipser, then I "play" with ticks, the indicators are built on TF M1.

"The price movement in one direction is n-points per m-seconds;" here is conditional for seconds.

Why conditional?

There are jerks on the days.

If you catch spikes on the day, you should enter on a smaller TF. Otherwise you'll lose a lot.

And also jerks on the smallest TFs are more likely than on the older ones. But these jumps are also smaller in terms of pips.

Hello, can you please modify the EA to work on Market Execution, i.e. to open zero TP and SL, and then set them on an open order. I would like to ask them to open an order and then place it in the opposite direction, thanks in advance.
Files:

MaxZ:

2). Or a price movement in one direction in n pips in m-seconds;

3). None of the above, the other answer.

Try to explain your definition of "snatch" in algorithmic language. This will be problematic... Because by trying to program an invented algorithm, when tested you will see "jerks" where you wouldn't want them to be.

I am not very good at formulating it in "algorithmic language", but I may try... I may be wrong. By a spike, I mean a price movement of a given number of pips:

I open a long position at 1.1500. When it reaches 1.1530 I set a stop-loss at 1.1520 and simultaneously open a long position of the same volume with a stop-loss at 1.1520.

When the price reached 1.1560, a long position was opened and all the stoplosses were moved to 1.1550. And if the price continued to move in the right direction, this algorithm was repeated every n points.

Hello ! Could you please explain what the problem is and what to do to avoid it ? I am testing my Expert Advisor on 1-minute chart during 2 days: 2011.08.08 till 2011.08.10. I start to search inside the Expert Advisor and it seems that my EA checks High[i] bars only until the last bar in terminal window, which is 2011.08.05, and after that the loop is infinite because High[i] becomes equal to "0" for all following "i" during search (in order to find the required bar I should look through the bars one day earlier, than 2011.08.05). How to make the bars to be browsed even earlier ? Why in this case the window is "stuck" at 2011.08.05, although the usual one-minute chart is much earlier than 2011.08.05? (Coincidence or not, but "High[i]" starts to be "0" at i>= 1000, maybe the window was limited to 1000 bars ?)

Thanks, I've already sorted it out, all done myself, no worries, thanks to everyone who wanted to respond to my request!

volshebnik:
Hello ! Could you please explain what the problem is and what to do to avoid it ? I am testing my Expert Advisor on 1-minute chart during 2 days: 2011.08.08 till 2011.08.10. I start to search inside the Expert Advisor and it seems that my EA checks High[i] bars only until the last bar in terminal window, which is 2011.08.05, and after that the loop is infinite because High[i] becomes equal to "0" for all following "i" during searching (in order to find the required bar I should look through the bars one day earlier, than 2011.08.05). How to make the bars to be browsed even earlier ? Why in this case the window is "stuck" at 2011.08.05, although the usual one-minute chart is much earlier than 2011.08.05? (Coincidence or not, but "High[i]" starts to be "0" at i>= 1000, maybe the window was limited to 1000 bars ?)

History size should be checked and loop execution should be forced to interrupt. Only 1000 bars are available in the tester. There are many ways to bypass this limitation.

Vinin:

The size of the history must be checked and the execution of the cycle must be interrupted forcibly. Only 1000 bars are available in the tester. There are many ways to bypass this limitation.
Thank you, Vinin! The loop will interrupt itself when it finds the right bar. And how to bypass this limitation ?
Reason: