[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 618

Who knows where to read about optimising EAs
i.e. go to "Expert Properties" and ask questions:
1. "Testing" tab Optimisation. What is the difference between Optimizable Parameter and Parameter on the Optimization tab? In my opinion, it is the same thing.
2. "Testing" tab, Optimize "Optimizable Parameter" What is the better Balance, Profit Factor, or other?
3. Input parameters tab. Why do I need the "Value" column, when I have the "Start" column? I assume we start optimizing the parameter with the value in the "Start" column.
4. The tab "Optimization" Meaning and why is it needed, how to use it?
5. "Optimisation results" how to sort in ascending/descending order?

griha:
Can anyone advise where to read about expert optimization
i.e. go to "Expert properties" and further questions:

1. "Testing" tab Optimisation. What is the difference between "Parameter to be optimised" and the parameters on the "Optimisation" tab? I think they are the same thing.

Parameters to be optimized are external variables of the Expert Advisor. Parameters on the optimisation tab are settings of the optimisation process itself

I lied. The optimised parameter is what we maximise/minimise. The parameters in the optimisation tab are the constraints we impose on the optimisation process.

2.Tab "Testing" Optimisation "Optimisable Parameter" Which is better Balance, Profit Factor or others?

Each has its own beauty))) There's no definite opinion, search through the forum, it's been discussed from time to time... My own personal view is that there are three basic ones - Profit Factor, Profit Factor and Absolute Drawdown (when you work with a fixed lot).

3. tab "Input parameters". Why do I need the "Value" column, when I have the "Start" column? I assume we start optimizing the parameter with the value in the "Start" column.

Value - used without optimization (unchecked). Start, Step and Stop - are used during optimization (check mark is enabled).

4. The tab "Optimization" Meaning and why is it needed, how to use it?
Press F1 in the terminal, find User Interface, subsection Tester. Read it. Use as written.

5. "Optimisation results" how to sort in ascending/descending order?

Click on the title of the relevant column in the list of optimisation results

Help me connect Close ONLY bars. How to do it?

In the form of a line on the price chart indicator should draw a line that connects prices Close at BULL bars.

I tried everything, but every time it does not show what I need.

If I try to set it to Bull/Bear, the line will occasionally break in places where the bull bars are not in a row.

PLS HELP!!!

vit-fx:

Help me connect Close ONLY bars. How to do it?

In the form of a line on the price chart indicator should draw a line that connects prices Close at BULL bars.

I tried everything, but every time it does not show what I need.

If I try to set it to Bull/Bear, the line will occasionally break in places where the bull bars are not in a row.

PLS HELP!!!

It's already been answered here, no need to worry so much...

Can you please tell me why the expert has stopped working on the demo and asks 2012.03.08 07:45:19 '1790706': login, but confirming the login doesn't help?

Hello all, please help.

I need an indicator that shows the smallest bar or candle, for a certain period. For example, on the 4H chart will show the smallest candle or bar for 5 days.

A marked this candle arrow as in the indicator Fractals.Well, that's basically it.Who will help very much will be grateful.

Or something like that.

yosuf:
Please tell me why expert stopped working on demo and asks 2012.03.08 07:45:19 '1790706': login and login confirmation does not help?

I am not sure if your account has expired or the broker has changed the server and so on.

try to open another account and scan the available servers

yosuf:
Can you please tell me why the expert has stopped working on the demo and asks 2012.03.08 07:45:19 '1790706': login, but confirming the login doesn't help?

Your broker will probably have a limited time to use your demo account. Register a new one.

Duplicating my question regarding writing to a file. The suggested methods of treatment didn't help unfortunately.

I am pasting the whole code and the file itself. What is wrong, I am doing everything according to science?

#property copyright "Copyright © 2012, FOX.RM"
#property link      "fox.rm@mail.ru "
#property indicator_separate_window

double delta,price,old_price,col_bar,sum_tick,sum_pip,K1_Pl,K1_Min,K2_Pl,K2_Min,raz_bar;
int handle,sum_pip_bay,sum_pip_sell,i=0,limit,old_sell=0,old_bay=0;
int count_plus,count_minus;
datetime time_Bar;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init(){IndicatorShortName("Ti&Pi_HISTORY");return(0);}
int deinit(){return(0);}

//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |

int start() {  

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();   
  if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);
  if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
  limit=Bars-counted_bars;

handle = FileOpen("M1_EUR_USD.txt", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, '\t');  Запись в файл. Добавление FILE_READ не помогло.
   FileWrite(handle, "tick_up", "tick_dn", "pip_up", "pip_dn");  

if(limit>0) limit=0; 
     for(i=0; i<=limit; i++) 
  {

price = Close[i]/Point;    
    delta = price-old_price;
    raz_bar=(High[i]-Low[i])/Point;

if(!time_Bar)time_Bar=Time[0];
    col_bar = iBarShift(NULL,0,time_Bar)-iBarShift(NULL,0,Time[i]);
    if (col_bar >= 1)

{time_Bar=Time[i];K1_Pl=0;K1_Min=0;K2_Pl=0;K2_Min=0;
    sum_pip_bay=0;sum_pip_sell=0;sum_pip=0;
    old_bay=0;old_sell=0;sum_tick=0;
    count_plus=0;count_minus=0;}

//---- Расчет UP
    if(delta>=0)
    {if(delta>100)delta=1;
    sum_pip_bay = delta + old_bay;   
    old_bay=sum_pip_bay;
    count_plus++;}  
     //---- Расчет Down
    if(delta<0)
    { sum_pip_sell = delta+old_sell;
     old_sell=sum_pip_sell;
    count_minus++;}

//--- Расчет коэффициентов К1 и К2

sum_tick=count_plus+count_minus;
        K1_Pl=count_plus/sum_tick;
        K1_Min=count_minus/sum_tick;

sum_pip=sum_pip_bay+MathAbs(sum_pip_sell);
        K2_Pl=sum_pip_bay/sum_pip;
        K2_Min=MathAbs(sum_pip_sell/sum_pip);

FileWrite(handle, DoubleToStr(K1_Pl,2),DoubleToStr(K1_Min,2),DoubleToStr(K2_Pl,2),DoubleToStr(K2_Min,2)); //---Пробовал вывод данных через массив поэлементно, тоже 0 результатов.

//----
    old_price=price; 

}  

FileClose(handle);                
  return(0);
}

I'd like to repeat the question why the messages are overwritten with new ones and not added. Here is such a record in txt file on output.

tick_up  tick_dn  pip_up    pip_dn
 0.35     0.65     0.28      0.71

Fox_RM:

Duplicating my question regarding writing to a file. The suggested methods of treatment didn't help unfortunately.

I am pasting the whole code and the file itself. What is wrong, I am doing everything according to science?

I'd like to repeat the question why the messages are overwritten with new ones and not added. This is an output record in txt file.

You need to open the file for reading/writing

Before writing it to the end of the file.

Reason: