[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 327

I see.

I set timeframe to 15.

int ma_shift - I set it to zero, because I don't need the wagon to shift to the past.

How do I get 2 red digits to show MA levels?

emilien:

Got it.

I set the timeframe to 15.

int ma_shift - I set it to zero, because I don't need it to shift to the past.

How do I get 2 red digits to indicate MA levels?

SetLabel("MA_LABEL",DoubleToStr(iMA(Symbol(),13,30,8,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)-0.0015,0),Red,10,20,0,20);

The red digit 0 is the number of decimal places you take from a double number when converting it to a string.

artmedia70:

I don't understand the problem... If you build by price and bars, then... because there are no weekend and non-working day bars on the chart. So the trend should continue on the next bars corresponding to the dates of trading days.

Or is it different for you?

Sorry to intrude! I agree with you, but I think the author of the question needs to point out the "60" constant in his code.

Roman.:

Found something on the subject myself...! :-) By the way, who is interested in the topic, you can look at this program - myself yet not yuzal, it looks not bad - I look...

P.S. Don't take it as an advertisement for free software.

Roman, two months ago, I worked on this article, even built it into one Expert Advisor (someone else's). I raced and optimized it, but got no closer to answering my question: "What set of parameters should I choose for the next period? I was stuck with over-optimisation.

ilunga:

SetLabel("MA_LABEL",DoubleToStr(iMA(Symbol(),13,30,8,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)-0.0015,0),Red,10,20,0,20);

The red digit 0 is the number of decimal places you take from the number double when converting it to string.

All set up works)

Thank you.
At the moment the EA setup is common to all the financial instruments I trade.
But each one has its own wizard.

How can I make my EA work with each symbol individually?

snail09:
Roman, two months ago I worked on this article and even built it in one Expert Advisor (someone else's). I raced and optimized it, but did not get closer to the answer to my question: "which set of parameters to choose for the next period? I got stuck with over-optimization.

All of this is bullshit since parameter values are selected from a ready-made (variant) selection (optimization) - and this, of course, is not a good thing. Dig into this topic - at least as far as sampling of FLATEST parameters is concerned... I mean that sampling is sampling, but it's necessary not just to stupidly select these or those variants, but to "come up" (by mean value, etc...) to FLAT VARIABLE PARAMETERS. And then using the forward it is necessary to look for a fit, and if it is a fit, then optimize again and come out with the same approach to FLAT-SCALE PARAMETERS OPTIONS and start trading with them within not more than 20% of the optimization period, the circle has closed. For example, here is a picture of stop-loss, take-profit, Z-axis net profit...

Basic picture

Then truncate by 50% of the vertices - we have

in 3D:

IN 2D:

I.e. it comes out that you can immediately see the area where the Flathead variant of stop and take is located, e.g. 2000 pips and 13000 pips on the five digits - the TS is trending medium term, so that 200 real stop points is normal for it...

Hello, could you please give me the formula for the Recovery Factor and what exactly does it mean, and what should it be for the TS to be considered acceptable?

snail09:
.... Stuck on over-optimisation.

That's the criteria for selecting parameters, by the way, on this topic look at my links in the seventh post of this page...

Take a look atthis branch, Kim I.W. writes there, by the way: "OK... here's my experience...

1. I write an Expert Advisor with minimum access to trading history and with minimum handling of execution errors returned by the trading server.
2. Optimization interval from 2001.01.01 to 2007.12.31
3. I choose a set of parameters according to Maximum Recovery Factor = Net Profit / Maximum Drawdown. If there is no set of parameters with FS > 30, then the Expert Advisor is discarded.
4. I check the selected set of parameters for stability by making small changes to all the parameters one by one. I see that the FS does not change much. That is, I determine whether I have chosen "peak communism" or "plateau". If peak, then this set is scrapped and I take the next one.
5. I investigate the flat set of parameters in the portfolio analyzer for compatibility with other TS. I form a portfolio with FS > 100, write an Expert Advisor for online trading and put it on the real account.

Besides with that program - you can also use different input parameters of TS in different combinations and set not only "net profit" parameter, but also "factor of recovery" or the maximal drawdown - and use these positions. The result will be a certain PLOSSCORE set of input parameters, depending on the chosen option of parameter along axis Z, after THAT!!! :-))) bringing the sampling parameters to a common denominator as a result of THOSE visual parameter transformations, the output (not a choice of the proposed sampling options, BUT EXACTLY EXIT!!! )at the most FLATEST option including both "net profit" and "FS", for example, everything... :-) then - put the TS to bid...

IMHO, the task of optimization - to help "EXIT", not to be confused with "SELECT"... :-) to a flat variant of input parameters, with which TS will feel stable during forward - if it is forward, and during trading - if it is trading, at least till 20-25% of optimization period.

Shniperson:
Hello, could you please tell me the formula for the Recovery Factor and what exactly does this factor mean? And what should it be in order for the TS to be considered acceptable.

Would you rather not usethe search or what?

Hello!

I can't figure out how to make a custom function return multiple values? Can you give me a hint if it's not difficult.

Reason: