[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 131

Sancho77:
Thank you very much!
You're welcome... :) Hope you can decide for yourself how to check the Sell and closed positions of other characters :)

Hello. I would like to test the Expert Advisor on 5 minutes for the period from 01.01.201 to 27.08.2011. I set the dates I need in the tester. I start to test the first date is the end of July. I have entered the quotes archive and have seen the first date 29.07.2011. When I pressed Load, I got a message that there is no new data. Please advise how to add the archive?

artmedia70:
You're welcome... :) Hope you can decide for yourself how to check the Sell and closed positions of other characters :)
Yeah, it's all clear)

first_may:
Hello. I would like to test my Expert Advisor on 5 minutes for the period from 01.01.201 till 27.08.2011. I have set the dates I need in the strategy tester. I start to test the first date is the end of July. I have entered the quotes archive and have seen the first date 29.07.2011. When I pressed Load, I got a message that there is no new data. Can you please tell me how to add the archive?

Contact the technical support of your office via email - to their email - you will get an answer as.

Here's what I got an answer to my question about silver history - have a similar procedure (it's standard) - look at the time of the beginning of the history of your office for the trading instrument of interest.

-My question was: " Hello, Alpari's Technical Support Team. Please, give me a quote history for XAGUSD on H4 timeframes, days and weeks since 2002. I am using F2 to download my tester from the archive and it seems to be from April 2009 only... Thank you for your consideration of this issue.

-Answer:"Hello Roman.

Unfortunately, the history for silver is only available in our company since 7.11.2008.
Please open in the main menu of your terminal Tools / Options / Charts tab and change the bottom two parameters of Max bars in the window and in the history to 10 000 000, click ok. After this please close MetaTrader 4 and open the folder with the installed program and delete the content of the History folder. Now please start your terminal and in the main menu of the program choose Service/Stock quotes archive. Please download quote files for your trading instrument - XAGUSD.

---
Alpari".

Roman.:

Contact the technical support of your office via e-mail - to their e-mail - you will get an answer as.

This is what I was told in response to my question about silver history - have a similar procedure (it's standard) - look at the start time of your office history for the trading instrument of interest.

-My question was: " Hello, Alpari's Technical Support Team. Please, give me a quote history for XAGUSD on H4 timeframes, day and week since 2002. I am using F2 to download my tester from the archive and it seems to be from April 2009 only... Thank you for your consideration of this issue.

-The answer is:"Hello Roman.

Unfortunately our company Silver history is only available since 7.11.2008.
Please go to Tools / Options / Chart tab in the main menu of your terminal and change lower two parameters for Max bars in the window and in the history to 10 000 000, click ok. After this please close MetaTrader 4 and open the folder with the installed program and delete the content of the History folder. Now please start your terminal and in the main menu of the program choose Service/Stock quotes archive. Please download quote files for the trading instrument you are interested in - XAGUSD.

---
Alpari" Company

Thank you, it worked :).

first_may:

Thank you, it worked :).

Have people from your office already replied?

Roman.:

Have people from your office already replied?

No, I repeated what you answered and it worked.

Also, please advise, I am using the following amount for the test when opening an order:

double MinLot=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT); // Minimum lot size

And now I would like to use a triple amount, i.e.

double MinLot=3*MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT); // Minimal lot size

and then close it in three parts if three different events occur. Is it possible to modify an order to change/close one third of the amount?

Or, while I was writing this, I had an idea - to open three orders of minimum amount and then close each order separately, but how to track that one order out of three would close...

first_may:

Or here, while I was writing I had an idea - to open three orders of minimum quantity and close each order separately, but how to track that would close one order out of three...

Use a different magic number for each order.

first_may:

Is it possible to modify an order to change/close one-third of the quantity?

lot size - not modifiable, but you can close the order by counter https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderCloseBy or open three orders and close them in turn

abolk:
lot size - not modifiable, but it is possible to close an order by counter https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderCloseBy or open three orders and close them one by one
Do not mislead the person. You cannot modify the volume of a pending order, and you can close a market order in parts with a volume that is smaller than the one originally opened.
You open a position with the volume of 0.3 lots, and then you close it with 0.1 lot each...
Reason: