FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 20

IgorM:

of course we'll see, but imho 1.47 is high for this month.

SZZY: In my TS I took 1092.5 points in two months, depot gain 50%, the main thing is not to forget about SL

You know, to be honest, setting goals in advance is a very difficult task and not a rewarding one. Therefore, I will refrain from expressing my opinion.

P.S. I'm happy for you ...))

IgorM:

I put it like this for now, if it goes into profit, I'll be a little bit more profitable

I think before 1.4350 it will definitely put a fat point, or even lower.

Gentlemen! What do you think of Chif with a quid? And about the quid in general... Is it going to strengthen or not?

* Moody's: Negative outlook for Portugal could be revised to stable

- The situation in Portugal is not as "dire" as in Greece

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current eurozone country ratings

Country S&P Fitch Moody's

Portugal BBB-(negligible) BBB-(revised) Ba2(negligible)
Ireland BBB+(Stable) BBB+(N.B.) Baa3(N.B.)
Italy A+(N.B.) AA-(Sta.) Aa2(Revisited)
Greece CCC(negligible) B+(rel.) Caa1(negligible)
Spain AA(neg.) AA+(neg.) Aa2(neg.)
Austria AAA(sta.) AAA(sta.) Aaa(sta.)
Belgium AA+( neg.) AA+ (neg.) Aa1 (sta.)
Finland AAA(sta.) AAA(sta.) Aaa(sta.)
Germany AAA(sta.) AAA(sta.) Aaa(sta.)
France AAA(sta.) AAA(sta.) Aaa(sta.)
Netherlands AAA(sta.) AAA(sta.) Aaa(sta.)

Shniperson:
Gentlemen! What do you think of Chif with a quid? And about the quid in general... Will it strengthen or not?
Look what happened on the chif crosses (eurofrank, poundfrank...). The franc looks like someone bought it. Because not only the euras and the pound have fallen against it, but also the dollar.

Shniperson:
Gentlemen! What do you think of Chif with a quid? And about the quid in general... Is it going to strengthen or not?

The quid is getting weaker, so from the resistance it entered the sell.

Sweet:

You know, to be honest, setting goals in advance is a very difficult task and not a rewarding one. Therefore, I will refrain from speaking out.

To be honest, setting exit targets (SL and TP) is the only thing that saves you from a quick loss, but MM is more important, I use a system of placing orders. In order to increase expected payoffs I use both partial position closing and profit share, while I don't experiment with losses - I close them directly, although there is an excellent locking orders system - but one can get stuck in lots for a couple of weeks, it's easier to look for entry points, hoping to enter the profitable movement.

SZS: Good luck!

IgorM:

you could be stuck in the lokas for a couple of weeks...

And you can be stuck for much longer, lock is a cloaca, imho))))

Wednesday 6 July

*9.00 Moscow time zone. - Japan: May, Preliminary Index of Leading, Coincident and Lagging Indicators (Forecast: 99.8, 106.1; Previous Period: 96.2, 103.6)
*9.00 Moscow time. - Japan: Bank of Japan releases quarterly report on consumer sentiment, inflation expectations
*11.00 Moscow time. - Spain: May industrial output (prior period: -1.6% y/y)
13.00 Moscow time. - E-17: Q1 GDP, 2nd reading (Preliminary period: +0.8% QoQ, +2.5% YoY)
13.00 Moscow time. - E-17: Q1, final government spending (pre-2008: +0.8% YoY)
14.00 Moscow time. - Germany: May Manufacturing Orders (Forecast: -0.1% mom, +10.0% y/y; Preliminary: +2.8% mom Wed, +10.5% y/y Nov)
15.00 Moscow time. - US: MBA Mortgage Applications Index for the week of July 1 (prior period: -2.6%)
15.30 Moscow time zone. - US: June planned layoffs (Preliminary period: -4.3% y/y to 37,135)
15.45 Moscow time zone. - US: ICSC-Goldman shop sales for the week of July 2 (prior period: +2.9% n/a, +3.0% y/y)
16.30 Moscow timeframe. - Canada: June, building permits (forecast: +5.0% mom; prior period: -21.1% mom)
16.55 Moscow timeframe. - US: Redbook Average for the week of July 2 (prior period: +0.6% over 4 weeks)
*18.00 Moscow time zone. - Q3 Economic Forecasts from Insee, IFO, ISAE
18.00 Moscow time zone. - US: June ISM Services Index (Forecast: 53.5; Preliminary: 54.6)

* Who's on the new guy? :-)

Italy has increasingly come under the scrutiny of the markets in recent weeks. This is partly due to the partial resolution of the Greek bailout, which begs the question: Who is next?

Ireland and Portugal are not candidates for the job for the simple reason that they have already been rescued. Spain's problems are known to all. This leaves Italy.

All of the major rating agencies are discussing the sovereign rating and the state of the banks in light of the fact that the Italian economy is not looking good and the government is in disarray.

Today the PMI service sector activity report was published, which unfortunately did not upset the economic "harmony". The indicator reflected a drop to 47.4 against 50.1, while analysts had hoped for a more modest drop, to 49.5.

The problem is that Italy is too big to save, so don't overlook it...
Reason: