AlligatorEx. - page 7

Dizet_02:
I would like to know if we are talking about the right indicator. I use SHI-Chanel. If we are talking about the same indicator, do you mean to tell me that it is impossible to build an automaton with it?
You're right, it's not a regression - I got a little confused, it's based on fractals.

ZZZEROXXX:
You're right, it's not a regression - mixed up a bit, it's based on fractals.
And then given that you have understood what your opinion would be. If it's worth my time it will be time well spent. The deal closed at +1152 pips, new signal expected. Tempting, would be a pity if I was wrong(((

I haven't looked at how it behaves in realtime. Why waste time on a realtime test if you already have an EA for it, run it in the tester. If you don't have an EA, run the indicator in the tester in visualization mode by running any built-in expert and see how it behaves and whether and how a TS can be built on it.

And then I do not understand how you use it - to break through the channel borders or to bounce.

ZZZEROXXX:

I haven't looked at how it behaves in realtime. Why waste time on a realtime test if you already have an EA for it, run it in the tester. If you don't have an EA, run the indicator in the tester in visualization mode by running any built-in expert and see how it behaves and whether and how a TS can be built on it.

And then I do not understand how you use it - to break through the channel borders or to bounce.

Here's what I used as a guideline:

1. Write down two variables (Ftop-last fractal up before breakdown at the bottom of the channel, Fdown-last fractal down before breakdown at the top).

2) If there is a breakdown of the channel ---->, wait for a re-crossing of the lines Alligatora---->, wait for the price to fall below Fdown (or rise above Ftop).

If the breakdown is above the channel, there is a cross of the Alligator, the price is below Fdown - open SELL (SL=value of the fractal, which broke through the channel, Trailing=225 points) and the same for BUY.

4. Closing upon breakdown of the channel borders.

The tester is now on H1.

What about the tester? It may seem banal and silly, but I do not want to spoil the impression of the tester results (for now) - I have a slight weakness for the initial and short-term tests on the real time. The tester schedule can sometimes discourage you from returning to the project.

We all have our own cockroaches))))

You can see the essence of the ToR in the images. I would like to add setting of TP, which will be calculated approximately and is equal to the difference between the upper and lower limits of the channel with some consideration of diagonal movement inside the channel.

The image clearly shows the use of the Alligatora as a secondary tool when working with fractals, but it is also its integral part when making transactions with this TA. Using a channel built on the fractals just simplifies our visual perception of the necessary moment for entry and exit in transactions.

I'm waiting for your criticism)))

I think it's pretty clear to see the three channels (yellow, green, red) with different settings, and each one shows what the breakdown results in.

Dizet_02:

What about the tester. Maybe it's corny and silly, but I don't want to spoil my impression with tester results (yet) - I have a small weakness for initial and short-term real-time testing. The tester schedule can sometimes discourage you from returning to the project.

We all have our own cockroaches))))

But you're wrong, you would have saved a lot of time and would have seen weaknesses and strengths. Some people believe in martingale to the last, until one day Kolya Morzhov comes knocking. ))))

ZZZEROXXX:
I would have saved a lot of time and would have seen weak and strong points. The question is: how much time I have saved, how much effort I have put into this project and how much money I have saved. ))))

No, I'm not one of those. Moreover, I have to leave Moscow for family reasons for a week. On arrival, it will be clear what the system will give.

Post the indicator here, I'll give it a spin as well. If it's different from this one https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9828
Reason: