[Archive! - page 527

I've been thinking about where to write, but I've decided that the Room of Talk is more or less suitable.

Have any of you tried to calculate and simulate on a computer the activity of a pyramid scheme? I have roughly the following picture: there is a series of random numbers reflecting deposits of population (with some hypothetically accepted distribution law), and two processes are simulated in parallel, one of which is inflow to the "mutual aid fund" and the other is withdrawal of money. All parameters are regulated, so for example the interest rate, the maximum and minimum deposits from one person, the rate (and law) of influx of depositors into the system, and something else. And it is interesting to see, at which parameters the system will have the longest positive balance. Something like this. Just wondering...

alexeymosc:

I've been thinking about where to write, but I've decided that the Room of Talk is more or less suitable.

Have any of you tried to calculate and simulate on a computer the activity of a pyramid scheme? I have roughly the following picture: there is a series of random numbers reflecting deposits of population (with some hypothetically accepted law of distribution), and two processes are simulated in parallel, one of which is inflow to the "mutual fund" and the other is withdrawal of money. All the parameters are regulated, so for example the interest rate, the maximum and minimum deposits from one person, the rate (and law) of influx of depositors into the system, and something else. And it is interesting to see, at which parameters the system will keep positive balance for the longest time. Something like this. Just wondering...

you should talk to Mavrodi, he can tell you what's what )))))))

alexeymosc:

Have any of you tried to calculate and simulate on a computer the activities of a pyramid scheme? Something like that. Just wondering...

alexeymosc, look up the book "Live Math" (or "Amusing Mathematics", I don't remember exactly) by Perelman.

I remember reading it in my childhood-youth and there was something similar to a simple example of such a calculation of the pyramid and its functioning time for a small town... (using the example of a shop selling bicycles using "network marketing" - the same essentially pyramid scheme, only legal...)

====================

n/a - http://flibusta.net/a/19686

alexeymosc:

Have any of you tried to calculate and simulate on a computer the activity of a pyramid scheme? I have roughly the following picture: there is a series of random numbers reflecting deposits of population (with some hypothetically accepted law of distribution), and two processes are simulated in parallel, one of which is inflow to the "mutual fund" and the other is withdrawal of money. All the parameters are regulated, so for example the interest rate, the maximum and minimum deposits from one person, the rate (and law) of influx of depositors into the system, and something else. And it is interesting to see, at which parameters the system will keep positive balance for the longest time. Something like this. Just wondering...

Another very important metric is the number of "deposit mavricks" whose supply is limited.

By joining a cashier's desk, depositors sell their TIME - this is the main indicator of pyramid's longevity. The minimum return on a deposit is 5 months. This is a kind of guarantee of having money invested in the system as insurance against its premature withdrawal.

It really doesn't matter at all how long the system will last, it's important to be at least a tenth by the time of the kindyak, for the first leveller will be left out unequivocally.

He had, I think, seven years to think it through once again and he did. What do you need it for? To build your own?
Just yesterday the film Pyramid was shown on Russian Illusion, was it inspired?

leonid553:

alexeymosc, look up the book "Live Math" (or "Amusing Mathematics" - I don't remember exactly) by Perelman.

I remember reading it in my childhood/youth and there was something similar to the simplest example of pyramid calculation and its functioning time for a small town.... (using the example of a shop selling bicycles using "network marketing" - the same essentially pyramid scheme, only legal...)

====================

p/s - http://flibusta.net/a/19686

Leonid, thank you! I would love to see it.

moskitman:

Another very important indicator is the number of 'deposit mavricks', for which the supply is limited.

When depositors enter the coffers, they are selling their TIME, which is the main indicator of pyramid's longevity. The minimum return on a deposit is 5 months. This is a kind of guarantee of having money invested in the system as insurance against its premature withdrawal.

It doesn't really matter how long the system lasts, it's important to be at least a tenth-ranked player by the time of the kindyak, because the first rank will definitely be out of luck.

He had, I think, seven years to think it through once again and he did. What do you need it for? To build your own?
Just yesterday the film Pyramid was shown on Russian Illusion, was it inspired?

I'll answer from the end. Yeah, watched Pyramid yesterday and then another episode of Minaev Live with Mavrodi as a guest interviewer. It's a little bit of a head-scratcher...

Yes, I agree, the timing of the contribution is certainly important. Pyramids collapse with panic conclusions, or when they go bust, or get shut down by the authorities )

I myself do not want to build a pyramid scheme (except in my mind).

alexeymosc:

I'll answer from the end. Yes, I watched Pyramid yesterday and then watched Minaev Live with Mavrodi as a guest speaker. It's a little bit of a head-scratcher...

Yes, I agree, the timing of the contribution is certainly important. Pyramids collapse when there is a panic withdrawal, or when they go bust, or the authorities close them down )

... And one more thing: if Sergei M has the strength to take the pyramid out of the Russian Federation, that would be really cool.

moskitman:
... And one more thing: if Sergei M has the strength to take the pyramid outside the Russian Federation, that would be really cool.
He has already taken it out, as I understand it. Probably in the CIS countries so far, because the site is in Russian. He says he has about 2 000 000 depositors already, and if the rest of the world joins in, it could be as much as 20 million in a year or a year and a half.

Yeah, well, he's got 5 billion to give to the defrauded MMM depositors. But he's already given the first 100 roubles :)

Mathemat:
Yeah, well, he's got $5 billion to give to the defrauded MMM depositors.

5-6, he can't eat any more )

The amazing thing about M is that he feels chosen and our "beautiful" state gives him that chance. Of all the articles he was initially charged with, he only got convicted for one - fraud, and not on a large scale, but on a very large scale, and served 4.5 years, I think. And now no one is stopping him from building the grand illusion for freeloaders again.

Reason: