Catching a reversal or correction - page 4

Gerasimm:

Have you tried it on a bigger time? N1, for example? What do you get? It should be much cleaner there.

No, I haven't had a chance yet... I'd like to be able to react to "abnormal" situations first... Then we can move on from there...

artmedia70:
No, I haven't had a chance yet... I'd like to get a response to "abnormal" situations first... And then we can move on...

I'm just about to start digging. I'm tired of sitting around...

In general, all I can think of is to start with a search for points to the ZZ. 1-2-3 and then trade on the breakdown to the 161.8 and 200% targets Fractional close like Artemis 70 is not bad in principle, but needs to be filtered out.

artmedia70:
This plugs in trend share with a short trawl of multiple poses.
This is where the problem lies. A short trawl in the tester and a short trawl on the real account are two big differences. And the set of positions, as shown in your screenshot, makes the tests inadequate for on-line trading.

goldtrader:
Therein lies the rub. A short trawl in the tester and a short trawl in the real account are two big differences. And a great number of positions, as shown in your screenshot, makes the tests inadequate for on-line trading.
It is OK. Let him trade by minutes in the tester. There will be no problems.

paukas:
That's okay. Let him run the tester by the minute. There won't be any problems.

Nuh-uh...

And then try to compare the results of such tests with real life. There won't be a problem, there'll be a discrepancy.

goldtrader:

Nuh-uh...

And then try to compare the results of such tests with real life. There won't be a problem - there will be a discrepancy.

It won't. Checked. At the opening of the minute, set a stop order at say 10 pips from the opening of the minute and check it, the tester will work properly.

If you do not know the difference between a real EA and a Tester, then you may forget about the difference. This, of course, is a problem. If you have a good idea to place a stop order within a market, it will be fatal for this very cp to be extended, or to work with limiters, but waiting for a pullback, which by the way is often absent.

paukas:
He will not. It is checked. At the opening of the minute set a stop order in 10 pips from the opening of the minute and check, the tester will work as it should.

It wasn't about a static stop loss, it was about a BOTTOM TRAL. Checked it as well. And 10p is not short. Short is about the order of the spread.

But Slava is beating his pipsator and I do not understand why the demo and real trades are different in the tester. His trawl is just about 2-3 points. But it is useless to talk to him about it - the broker is to blame for all his sins.

artmedia70:

Stops are still fixed initially. Then, when the price reaches the level of 38.2, I close a part of the position and move the stop to 23.6. When the price reaches the level of 50.0, I close part of the position and move the stop to 38.2, etc.

As for "purity" - we have about 90% of such goodness on the EA's history, but... The remaining 10% strongly spoil the whole picture. I'm trying to do it using two methods: the first is very resource consuming and only exists in my mind so far, so I have tested it on a real account for about three months - it gives 99% of correct targets. I'm afraid it cannot be implemented by computer calculations. The second one is completely clumsy - to bluntly reverse a position with an opposite one, but here I have problems with order calculation. Since the standard MT order is not enough - it does not take into account the Fibo levels of each open position, I have my own order. If an opposite order closes a losing one, the entire calculation is broken and the Expert Advisor starts to run nonsense until all open positions are closed. And since its code is quite big, my brain starts to boil when searching for an error during counterclosing order.... :(

The stops are far away, roughly speaking, the ratio is 10-1 (stop/stop/stick, of course I didn't say that in the first place). And believe me, TA will not improve the picture.

Reason: