Twenty-four, and not one iota more! - page 15

VladislavVG:

So that's the optimisation process ;). It only takes place in your head, not in your computer's brain ....... You immediately correlate the signal with the strategy you are going to use to process this signal. All the same is done using optimization algorithms - it's called AI (Artificial Intelligence - AI in English). You can organize such a process using optimization algorithm of regular tester... But you need to understand what and why it's being done: in addition to the optimization of the tester, you need to connect the natural intelligence - the process of setting the objectives, analyzing the data and building the strategy is left to the trader's intelligence.

Good luck.

After the fourth beer I develop such fuzzy logic, that no Pentium can keep up... :) But seriously, the machine wants specific numbers, 23 and 24 is already a big difference for it. Maybe, some super-programmer can do it on his/her own, but I will even take half a year to program an indicator with one buffer... and what's the point? Just set 24 pivots and trade to your health:)

Avals:

What about the option of doing nothing until the next trade? :)

So a false breakout implies that once we have determined it to be false - we have a signal again. What, we do not trade it? Well, for example, we have a good signal to go long, then suddenly the price moves down by 150 points and the price goes back upwards - the signal is still good, it is hot. Should I sit on the fence?

Cod:

After a fourth beer, I develop such fuzzy logic that no pentium can keep up... :) But seriously, the machine wants specific numbers, 23 and 24 is already a big difference for it. Maybe, some super-programmer can do it on his/her own, but I will even take half a year to program an indicator with one buffer... and what's the point? Just set 24 pivots and trade to your health:)

Usually all these overlaps lead to a loss. 99% of what seems to work does not work at all. If you check it all on your own skin, no life is good enough))))

Cod:

So a false breakout implies that once we have determined it to be false, we have a signal again. What, not to trade it? Well, for example, we have a good signal to go long, then suddenly the price goes down by 150 pips, and then it goes back up - the signal is still good, it is hot. Should I sit on the fence?

It depends on the system. It depends on how the signal is detected: if for example, if the high was broken through within a certain timeframe, then the signal will be repeated. If for example the confirmed high, then it won't. (it is like a fractal).

Avals:

Usually all these overlaps lead to a drain. 99% of what seems to work does not work at all. Checking everything on your own skin is not enough))))
Just understand a simple thing: nothing can be checked except for your own skin. In the tester, set TP of 150 pips, you get a not working system, and you go home empty-handed. Not knowing that if you set 149, you would be in trouble. You can't get away from the randomness of the market, and all the power of computer brains is cheating. What's the use of racing empty numbers between each other in an iron, no one has ever gotten rich from it.

Here's a look. The signals are the same. In the first case, all the signals are worked out. And in the second one, after receiving a bull, we take a break until tomorrow. Feel the difference.

Cod:
But you should understand a simple thing: nothing can be tested otherwise than on your own skin. In the tester, set TP of 150 pips, you get a system that does not work, and you go home empty-handed. Not knowing that if you set 149, you would be in trouble. You can't get away from the randomness of the market, and all the power of computer brains is cheating. What's the use of racing empty numbers between each other in an iron, no one has ever gotten rich from it.

Don't go chasing empty numbers. Many have already written to you that there are various ways to optimise. A fixed and unchanging tp is one of many options and in most cases not the best.

Cod:
But understand a simple thing: nothing can be tested otherwise than on your own skin. In the tester, set TP of 150 pips, you get a system that does not work, and you go home empty-handed. Not knowing that if you set 149, you would be in trouble. You can't get away from the randomness of the market, and all the power of computer brains is cheating. What's the use of racing empty numbers between each other in an iron, no one has ever gotten rich from it.

It's not a system at all if it has a 1-point dependence on the result.

If 150 or 149 or 100 or 200, it works in profit, it's a system. This is what the tester is for, to separate the working from the non-working.

paukas:

Look here. The signals are the same. In the first case all the signals are processed. And in the second case, after we get a moose, we take a break until tomorrow. Feel the difference.

Impressive (although the horizontal scale is different for some reason)... Well, I say myself, I'd rather have one moose than several deals (any) in a row.

In short, no re-entry, smart people say. Let's listen to them.

Cod:

Impressive (although the horizontal scale is different for some reason)... Well, I say myself, I'd rather have one moose than several deals (any) in a row.

In short, no re-entry, smart people say. Let's take heed.

The scale is postdecade, transactions vary in numbers naturally.
Reason: