Twenty-four, and not one iota more! - page 4

Cod:
I'll spare him, all right. In fact, I am not in the habit of writing to strangers in private. There is such a thing as privacy.

Our whole life is about texting strangers in private. Sometimes (from which children) with intrusiveness. I don't see the catch.

===

And thank you, Victor, especially for the discouraging advice. Mm-hmm. Petya's a laughing stock. Nothing more...

Cod:

.... after the stop you have to go in somewhere.
Cod:

And one more thing: you will get so high on a flat, even a small one, that you will manage to lose your whole deposit in a range of a hundred pips. See the pre-New Year's week on the Eurodollar.

You should drink a beer. It'll stop the turbulence.

Cod:

What is the pending buy (after the stop triggering)? 1 lot?

I still don't get it - if your system says buy! - and you don't trust it by reducing the lot, then why trade? It's easier not to enter at all - it certainly won't cheat.

In general, I'm very skeptical of systems that reduce risk by reducing profits. We trade for the sake of profit. If you don't want to take risks - just hang on the fence and that's it.

But that's just a philosophical conclusion.

It's not... the lot is split into two small ones, a step between two small ones will increase the total stop.

We are dealing with noise (false signals), and if the system says buy, then buy is done, but if the system is wrong, the risk is reduced.

Further we need just to select parameters, in which we will not be taken by close stops for nothing.

Have I signed up to be a clown here? If you have nothing to say, then don't write, go about your important business. If you have something to answer, but you tend to keep your wisdom to yourself, then do so.

Measure the size of your bank accounts, and compare it to your hubris - I'm sure you'll notice a glaring difference.

Please don't litter the thread with stupid comments, paukas, that goes for you too.

pivots should not be traded on a breakout (by pivot). Closing an hour above/below pivot levels as a trend direction works well.

The size of the pose is a f-from the foot. Not the other way around.

A dumb rule, but strangely enough, few (are there many lucky ones?)) who follow it.

Sometimes I am amazed at how intelligent adults do not simply discuss the pseudoscientific fantasies of other people, but also try to finish the story themselves.

It is clear that the point is in the pivots. Just 10 lines of code and you can retire.

Abzasc:

No, it's not... the lot is split into two small lots, the step between the two small ones will increase the total stop.

It's about combating noise (false signals), and if the system says buy, then buy is done, but if the system is wrong - the risk is reduced.

Further we need just to select parameters, in which we will not be taken by close stops for nothing.

The risk is reduced, so the profit is reduced - so don't trade at all! So, in my opinion. Well, in my opinion, in order to optimize (read - reduce) the loss you optimize the profit. That is, reducing. I do not understand what the trick is. Well, you will drain twice as long, and that's all.

You say that the lot is divided into two. And if the price moves in the right direction when you open the second one?

Maybe I'm stupid, but I honestly don't know what the trick is here.

vasya_vasya:

Sometimes I am amazed at how intelligent adults do not simply discuss the pseudoscientific fantasies of other people, but also try to finish the story themselves.

It is clear that the point is in the pivots. Just 10 lines of code and you can retire.

the more complex and unpopular the calculation, the less likely others are to use something like this. Many people need to see a level or price action for it to be of any use. Unconventional use of standard stereotypes :)

Avals:
pivots should not be traded on a breakout (by pivot). Closing an hour above/below pivot levels as a trend direction works well.

No, no, it's not worth trading on a breakout at all. I say: today's pivot is higher than yesterday's - open long on touching today's pivot. Breaking yesterday's pivot - stop.
Reason: