Twenty-four, and not one iota more! - page 14

Avals:

So the optimisation was good for you :)

If you look at it that way, I agree :)

- Vasya, you're still not married, are you?

- No," he said with a frown, and walked away :)

Cod:

Two a month? Yeah, they won't... Only the deposit will be affected, while you will lose, but like a pioneer to believe that "the star of happiness will come"... And the longer and more statistically reliable your sample is, the more likely you will drive your deposit to zero - the shitty flip side of this Janus.
You're wrong. It's exactly the opposite.

VladislavVG:
That's not what I mean, although in order to decide on the analysis tool you made your choice: all indicators are calculated from past prices - for some reason you chose pivots, but not a Mach or a stochastic, for example....... So you put pivots on the chart and never look at what you get? How do you know about the average stop and the fact that sometimes (at the end of the month or whenever) it can be three (or more) times bigger? And that it is better to trade on a breakout rather than on a bounce ? .....

I'm telling you - the wagons are a dynamic pièce de résistance, they rush for the price. It's a pain in the ass to run. And the pivot - it is recalculated every 24 hours, it is a solid guy, it cuts out all sorts of nonsense.

Why didn't I look at it? Well, I did, and I thought it was a good thing.

I didn't say anything about the average size of the stop and the fact that it's better to trade without breaking through... But yes, it is better to trade on the breakthrough: if the price has broken through 23 pivots, the hint is more than obvious, right?

paukas:
You're wrong. It's exactly the opposite.

What about thinking about it? No, if you operate with a deposit which is able to cover the drawdown for the statistics of the previous five years, then of course... And if you have enough for twenty or thirty losses in a row, will the reliability of the sample warm you up much when you meet with Kolya?

Cod:

What about thinking about it? No, if you operate with a deposit which is able to cover the drawdown for the statistics of the previous five years, then of course... But if you have enough for all for twenty or thirty losses in a row, will the reliability of the sample warm you up much when you meet with Kolya?

I've had sixteen consecutive losses. The risk is 1.5% per trade or so. No big deal. I'm alive and well, and I wish you the same. Think about it.

Cod:

I'm telling you - the wipers are a dynamic pièce de résistance, once the price goes somewhere, they rush for the price. It's a pain in the ass to run. And the pivot - it is recalculated every 24 hours, it is a solid guy, it cuts out all sorts of nonsense.

Why didn't I look at it? Well, I did, and I thought it was a good thing.

I didn't say anything about the average size of the stop and the fact that it's better to trade without breaking through... But yes, it is better to trade on the breakthrough: if the price has broken through 23 pivots, the hint is more than obvious, right?

So this is the optimization process.) It only takes place in your head, not in the brain of your computer ....... And you immediately correlate the signal with the strategy you are going to use for producing this signal. All the same is done using optimization algorithms - it's called AI (Artificial Intelligence - AI in English). You can organize such a process using optimization algorithm of regular tester... But you need to understand what and why it's being done: in addition to the optimization of the tester, you need to connect the natural intelligence - the process of setting the objectives, analyzing the data and building the strategy is left to the trader's intelligence.

Good luck.

paukas:
Got 16 losses in a row. The risk is about 1.5% per trade. No big deal. I'm alive and well, and I wish you the same. Think about it.
Should I understand (without asking for secrets) that, in general, the size of your SL compared to the TP is negligible? How is TA defined then? Roughly speaking, if an intraday, the SL is 15 pips and the TP is a hundred and fifty? I have been thinking a lot lately about using very short stops, but have not yet found an answer - what do I do when it is knocked out by a false break? Enter again? But I know from experience that it is better to catch a big loss once than to open often - it is more expensive - there are horrible losses, while the chart is moving in place and there is no reason for big losses.

Cod:
.... I've been thinking a lot lately about working with a very short stop, but haven't found an answer - what do I do when it's knocked out by a false breakdown? Go in again? ....

Already answered that - go for a beer. See you tomorrow.

And to grab a big loss - using this method 95% of "traders" sit in front of the monitor and hypnotise the price.

Cod:
Am I to understand (without digging up any secrets) that in general, the size of your SL compared to the TA is negligible? How is the TP determined then? Roughly speaking, if an intraday, the SL is 15 pips and the TP is a hundred and fifty? I have been thinking a lot lately about using very short stops, but have not yet found an answer - what do I do when it is knocked out by a false break? Enter again? But I know from experience that it is better to catch a big loss once than to open often - it is more expensive - there are horrible losses, while the chart is moving in place and there is no reason for big losses.

What about the variant of doing nothing until the next trade? :)

Avals:

What about the option of doing nothing until the next trade? :)
W-Way - as a way of life. And trading...
Reason: