Stops - page 19

sever30:
the trend is right

What kind of fortune-tellers can there be in the trend if you always put two opposite pendants to break through the technical levels? ))) Maybe the point is that everything is subjective? ))) ))) For someone a flat is a micro trend, and for someone the technical level is just market noise and vice versa )))

artikul:

Now I stick to the following ideology: stop triggering is a condition for closing profitable positions to liquidate a drawdown of balance simultaneously with an aggressive pouring in the direction of the trend, order modification is a condition for placing a pending order in the opposite direction ))))

The doctor prescribed semantic analysis.

tara:
The doctor prescribed a semantic analysis.

Let's put it this way then ))) A stop loss was triggered, the trade closed with a loss, the balance went down, and then another and another moose was caught. What do you propose to do with such great information (or even so - the secret that the market whispered in your ear affectionately)?

I must be slowing down.

Someone buys paid signals and believes they tell you where to trade )))) And one can pay for it with some more caught moose and understand where one should not trade anymore. )))

When you're trading money, paying for anything is silly.

Svinozavr:

Going deep...

Serge! Do you need it? I'll find it, it'll be embarrassing later... Or not. I won't. I'll take your word for it. A quirk, though...

but dig deeper... and you'll find my summary of the use of stops and a question to your statement "All stops as a profit-taking tool are nonsense". Here I asked you to clarify what you meant and where you got that idea from in the first place. this point requires precision in presentation, because there are several theories and different understandings of the same thing.

If you fundamentally do not use stops, none at all, then it is very likely that you are "sitting in the market". In other words, you find one or more (like a "system") curves or channels or whatever, and use them to determine entry/exit. Now that's nonsense, for the simple reason that no "now" time conversion will give you a workable input/output structure. And you won't have any real understanding of when this astrolabe will work now, tomorrow, etc., and when it won't. It's just the nature of the time series.

And is it possible to increase profits using stops - yes it is possible, but not to "take off", or rather to reduce losses, and thereby increase profits :o) Proofs? What do you need proof for? Use this - "I take your word for it" - and you'll give me my time, which I would have spent writing, clarifying, explaining, arguing and other unnecessary activities. You've chosen to listen, why should I have to rant about it? No, there will be no proof. Prove that stops are harmful. :о)

tara:
When you're trading money, paying for anything is stupid.

I don't know ))) As the saying goes, what's cuter to whom. More than once I've come across on this forum that people have trouble taking profits, getting out of the market. It appears to be much harder to exit than to enter)))). In the last strategy, I need losses to lock in profits. And I believe it's the stops that pay for the information the market throws at me. )))

Farnsworth:

and you go deeper ... and you will find my summary of the use of stops and the question to your statement "All stops as a profit taking tool are nonsense". Here I asked you to clarify what you meant and where you got that idea from in the first place. this point requires precision in presentation, because there are several theories and different understandings of the same thing.

If you fundamentally do not use stops, none at all, then it is very likely that you are "sitting in the market". In other words, you find one or more (like a "system") curves or channels or whatever, and use them to determine entry/exit. Now that's nonsense, for the simple reason that no conversion for "now" time will give you a workable input/output structure. And you won't have any real understanding of when this astrolabe will work now, tomorrow, etc., and when it won't. It's just the nature of the time series.

And is it possible to increase profits using stops - yes it is possible, but not to "take off", or rather to reduce losses and thereby increase profits :o) Proofs? What do you need proof for? Use this - "I take your word for it" - and you'll give me my time, which I would have spent writing, clarifying, explaining, arguing and other unnecessary activities. You chose to listen and I don't need to rant about it. No, there will be no proof. Prove that stops are harmful. :о)

))) I won't. Actually, I've already said it all. A stop is alarmist, a force majeure event. As an element of the idea of trading, it doesn't work. Proof? I don't even know where to send you. To what sources. Why don't we start with the law of conservation of energy (and matter as well)?

Svinozavr:
))) I won't. Actually, I've already said it all. A stop is alarmist, a force majeure event. As an element of the idea of trading, it doesn't work. Proof? I don't even know where to send you. To what sources. Why don't we start with the law of conservation of energy (and matter as well)?
A stop is just a buy/sell on the move. And as an element of trade, it works when you buy on time.
Reason: