Technical analysis - A scam for beginners? - page 47

Richie:

This is the conclusion I came to, having spent 4 years studying TA and developing my own systems. Besides I know well several traders who have been trading for 7-10 years. Their conclusions about TA are the same as mine: you won't make money on Forex market with technical analysis.

I propose to those who do not agree with it, as follows:

Post in this thread the performance of EAs on real or demo accounts that meet ALL of the following conditions:

1. Testing period - at least 3 years;
2. Work with fixed lots (no increase of lots);
3. Duration of each transaction - not less than 1 hour. (Pipswise positions, like those mentioned by Slava, are not taken into account);
4. Absence of methods of trading based on "cunning" capital management - martin, anti-martin, avalanches, etc.;
5. Lack of "peeking" into history.

I suggest thatthe hams and "clowns" of this forum should "LEAVE" on this thread. I will not respond to any "rejoinders" and flooding - no time or desire. I'm not interested in the stats of those who earn money teaching TA, writing books on TA. I will come back in a week and make final conclusions. For myself, of course.

You think TA is gunk, and gunk is tweaked for newbies Oo!

Traders work and make money not TA, I wonder what Oo (to quote)!

Are you suggesting to post an EA (EAs shouldn't trade .... you need a head and hands for that) which inherently CANNOT trade like a human, have never used an EA for profit, but use for other purposes (out of laziness to make the analyzer I need for the script, by the way).

And what about the DEVOTION, it is a woe from the mind, not where you are looking for it and it is still there.

One trader once hinted that the market is chaos, while "Chaos is an order ........ of a higher form, which rejects linear principles".

I am sympathetic to other people's conclusions!

Richie:

It's been a week. Let's take stock.
What conclusions can be drawn?

40 pages of flubbery. A couple or three clever posts. No stats at all. The local "public" doesn't make money trading on TA.

Which is indirect evidence thatTA is "bullshit sucked out of a phalo organ" and spit out into the Internet in order to bait newbies and organize a sluggish Big Financial Pyramid called "Forex".

Or maybe I'm wrong and someone can post the stats ? Someone can prove the real work of TA with his steat?

PS: (to Matemat): About neural networks. And what exactly is it if it is not a technical analysis? Exactly what it is, only in a beautiful "mathematical wrapper", inside of which - who knows what. The very thing that will become a "surprise" in real trading. It is the same "Dashka in a veil" only not in a "skirt" but in "jeans". Replace the neural network with a system of linear equations and everything becomes clear.

And why do you need someone else's stats, who will show them to you, why, to prove that these stats were traded not on the TA but on an eagle-reckoning is impossible for you.

The result is summed up with a question, if not TA then what )) sell the yen (earthquake as a force majeure) on Monday and a week later the agromedno-unreal profit?!

But no, we'll think with a coin, although a random number generator is also possible although there are developments that it doesn't work as well as a coin.

costy_:

The reasoning behind DIVISION is "woe betide the mind", you've been looking in the wrong place and you're still there.

A trader once hinted that the market is chaos, while "Chaos is an order ........ of a higher form which rejects linear principles".

I am sympathetic to other people's conclusions!

TA - testing the workings of a chaotic market in simple linear ways - workable TA periods will shrink like straight sections of shoreline.

Chaos is chaos. In the flow of the market moving chaotically (like a stone in the river) we dip a system of cups (orders) hanging chaotically, and in any case, some of them will be filled (profitable). And these conclusions of the "masters" we see wrong, we think wrong, it is not how you see and think - work on yourself.

Richie:

This is the conclusion I came to after spending 4 years studying TA and developing my own systems. Besides, I am well acquainted with several traders who have been trading for 7-10 years. Their conclusions about TA are the same as mine: you won't make money on Forex market with technical analysis.

I propose to those who do not agree with it, as follows:

Post in this thread the performance of EAs on real or demo accounts that meet ALL of the following conditions:

1. Testing period - at least 3 years;
2. Work with fixed lots (no increase of lots);
3. Duration of each transaction - not less than 1 hour. (Pipswise positions, like those mentioned by Slava, are not taken into account);
4. Absence of methods of trading based on "cunning" capital management - martin, anti-martin, avalanches, etc.;
5. Lack of "peeking" into history.

I suggest that the hams and "clowns" of this forum should "LEAVE" on this thread. I will not respond to any "rejoinders" and flooding - no time or desire. I'm not interested in the stats of those who earn money teaching TA, writing books on TA. I will come back in a week and make final conclusions. For myself, of course.

Also interested in this topic. Only p.1 has been in the tester for 10 years.

However, on the subject at hand, yes, it's a scam.

It doesn't work for beginners!

Tantrik:

TA - testing the operation of a chaotic market in simple linear ways - the TA workable periods will shrink like straight sections of shoreline.

Chaos is chaos. In the flow of the market moving chaotically (like a stone in the river) we dip a system of cups (orders) hanging chaotically, and in any case, some of them will be filled (profitable). And now we see the conclusions made by the "masters" wrongly, we do not think so, but you do not see and think that way - work on yourself.

Chaos is chaos, but only for beginners (in this case).

Chaotic moves "non-samovitory gas discharge", from a number of student sayings.

The river moves in one direction, the rock in it goes the same way without any external influence, the cups all drown without profit ;( alas.

The gurus are teaching, I just pointed out the direction a bit.

The market is not linear, why talk about linearity at a certain period?

You know the price and direction of tomorrow's trades, I do, the rest is up to you.

Are you working on yourself or just knowing?

costy_:

And why do you need somebody else's stats, who will show them to you? It is impossible to prove that these stats were traded not on the TA but the eagle-retailer.
But no, we will think with a coin, although we can use a random number generator, although we know it does not work like a coin.
The river moves in one direction, the stone in it goes the same way without any external influence, the cups will all drown without profit ;( alas.

The m aters are teaching, I just pointed out the direction a little bit.

Are you working on yourself, or are you just being vain?

Perls! With two defenders like costy_ and Svinozavr, TAnalysis needs no enemies. That's a bummer.

You should also bring Reshetkov here - he will tell you about the goondos and flooders.

costy_:

Chaos is chaos, but only for beginners (and in this case).

Chaotic is moving "non-samovitory gas discharge", from a number of student sayings.

The river moves in one direction, the rock in it goes the same way without any external influence, the cups all drown without profit ;( alas.

The gurus are teaching, I only pointed out the direction a bit.

The market is not linear, why talk about linearity over a certain period?

You know the price and direction of tomorrow's trades, I do, the rest is up to you.

Are you working on yourself or just knowing?

The river is a market - that's figurative (as you yourself suggested), pour or drown it's proven. About the gurus, it is not for you (it is for the article). You know about tomorrow - you do not need anything else.

Forex is the kind of coin that can fall on two sides at the same time. Apologies if this is off-topic.

How tiresome it is to explain the difference between a chronometer and a drug hash.

What in the TA do you want to see...?

Your future? Well... whatever you come up with - nothing against it. "Lublu" fairy tales...

TA is ANALYSIS. There's no future there. It's just, ah - how hard to believe! -the present...

Reason: