Optimal moving average - page 14

jelizavettka:

I'll add the charts as well. Ahead of the Mashka.

Lizanka, where is the end of the graph, eh?

Well, yes, the usual waving, shifted by minus 30 bars... It's well ahead in history... and what did you want, a glimpse into the future? There's no such thing as fairy tales.

jelizavettka:
There you go, see how I read your mind :)

jelizavettka:
Well, yes, the usual mach, shifted by minus 30 bars... It's well ahead in history... and you wanted it to look into the future? There's no such thing as fairy tales.

Because a cyclic period of ~30 bars is present (dominant) in quite a few TFs. If you run my indic, the commentary on the first line is the cycle period, underneath it how often it's met over the course of the counts.

The problem is that I counted cycles here by ZZ, I think I should change it all on muwings (cycle counting), and assemble not from 7 but more harmonics, only the calculation will be heavy.

DmitriyN:
There you go, see how I read your mind :)

It's obvious, it's simple) But not for everyone. And you can't read my mind.

By the way, excelf guessed it instantly, and you peeked at his answer - there you go!)

And for nothing... I was trying to sell this car to Fredo, and then you got burned.))))

FAQ:

Because the cyclic period of ~ 30 bars is present (dominates) in quite a few TFs. If you run my indic, the commentary in the first line is the cycle period, underneath it how often it is encountered during the counts.

The problem is that I was counting cycles here on ZZ, I think I need to re-do it all on muwings (cycle counting), and collect not from 7 but more harmonics, except that the calculation will be heavy.

Yes, in general... I think the oscillation periods dance so much, that it is very problematic to use the fact of any stationarity in this periodicity.

although... lied the cycle is around 210 -240 bars.

FAQ:
It's too laggy, then NMA would be better, which is almost the same thing.
Is it overdrawn?

No, Victor makes good turkeys :) I often use them myself. Check out his thread, there's a lot of interesting stuff there.

excelf:

Very similar to this indicator only there are more flappers.

I didn't know you were doing this. Any luck?
Reason: