A programme to monitor the arrival of quotations in the terminal - page 2

zhuki писал(а) >>
I have a similar one that works on a different principle. An Expert Advisor is placed on one of the unwanted charts. It controls all open chart windows for quotes arrival. If for some or pair is no quotation for a while, then formed a ban on the trade and appears a warning. Monitoring time varies depending on the time of day. I get very few openings at my brokerage company and overloading does not help. I get more problems from my ISP, they have more problems. For demo accounts but not for reals. I've never seen anything like that when one account stops working and the other ones keep working. But to monitor the log for updates, it's not exactly what you need, it's like .....

Imagine that just on this - no quotes on one pair - I've lost money on real. There's a thread about it hanging around here somewhere. Yes, and a ban on trading is not enough in case you have open orders. You would also have to close all of them.

Choomazik писал(а) >>

Imagine that it was on this - no quotes on one pair - that I lost money on the real. There's a thread about it hanging around here somewhere. Yes, and a ban on trading is not enough in case you have open orders. You should also close all of them.

And the question of course is how often does this happen? I noticed once, the day before NFP came out, but there's no reason to think it can't happen at any time, killing autotrading. And brakes won't save the day....

I have read your thread. Tell me, what was that pair, any particular one or could it be any one? And where were your stops at that time? But anyway, you have to change your brokerage company. It's too risky to work that way. And it would be nice to have a back-up channel, at least a mobile phone. I at one time, when there were problems with the network, wrote a program that in the absence of the main channel includes a spare (cellular), automatically. And it would check the availability of the main channel as soon as it appeared and everything was back to normal.

zhuki писал(а) >>
Your thread I have read. Answer, what was that pair, any particular one or could it be any one? And where were your stops at that time? But anyway, you need to change your brokerage house. It's too risky to work that way. And it would be nice to have a back-up channel, at least a mobile phone. I at one time, when there were problems with the network, wrote a program that in the absence of the main channel includes a spare (cellular), automatically. And it would check the availability of the main channel, as soon as it appeared, everything was back to normal.

GBPCHF, the command should have been "close everything after 5:35pm the day before NFP". The chart is a minute chart. Stops worked, but that's not the point. The other pairs worked like clockwork so I don't see how an extra link would have helped, it's not the link but something else.... Quotes stopped coming in around 4pm.

An additional or different channel will go to the DC server via a different route through the larger network servers. And this can have an effect if someone in the chain up to the DC server starts to mope.
You should have studied the log and maybe contacted the DC support team. But maybe this was done on purpose for you (paranoia).

zhuki писал(а) >>
An additional or different channel will go to the DC server via a different route through the servers in the larger network. And this could have an effect if someone in the chain up to the DC server starts to malfunction.
You should have studied the log and maybe contacted the DC support team. But maybe this was done especially for you (paranoia).

I don't think it was for me :) I studied the log, it's true, the signals of one pair are missing since a certain moment. CA does not give a shit about the log, as I wrote elsewhere: "We are fine (statement), but no commands from you (my commands log)". I have drawn my conclusions about DC, about MT not yet...

Choomazik писал(а) >>

I don't know what you mean. I have the number of charts corresponding to the number of pairs, say 5. Can you trace when only one pair (chart) stops getting quotes?

I do not understand what you mean. Do you have five EAs and they stand on all five pairs? Checking is precisely the pair where the EA stands. The main thing is to be sure that the EA works.

zhuki писал(а) >>
I have a similar one that works on a different principle. An EA is placed on one of the unwanted charts. It controls all open chart windows for quotes arrival. If for some or pair is no quotation for a while, then formed a ban on the trade and appears a warning. Monitoring time varies depending on the time of day. I get very few openings at my brokerage company and overloading does not help. I get more problems from my ISP, they have more problems. For demo accounts but not for reals. I've never seen anything like that when one account stops working and the other ones keep working. But to monitor the log for updates, it's not exactly what you need, it's like ....

out of unnecessary charts? Even a looped EA on some chart doesn't solve the problem of "freezing the quotes", what good will it do to form a trading ban and what will happen to open positions? We are not talking about connection failures, but about stopping the quotes (by the way, when they stop the connection indicator shows that everything is OK) and here only restarting the terminal helps.

Choomazik писал(а) >>

I don't think so for me :) I studied the log, it is true, the signals of one pair are missing since a certain moment. DC does not care about your log, as I wrote elsewhere: "We are fine (statement), but no commands came from you (my commands log)". I made my conclusions about DT, about MTs not yet...

But if you had an EA on this pair chart, which sends messages with every tick, and if you ran the service, which controls the time of log's change, the terminal would be reloaded and the quotes would trade. Do you understand?

zhuki писал(а) >>
An additional or different channel will go to the DC server via a different route through the larger network servers. And this could have an effect if someone in the chain to the DC server starts to malfunction.
You should have studied the log and maybe contacted the DC support team. But maybe this was done on purpose for you (paranoia).

You just don't even know how quotes stop. What does this have to do with communication ? the communication indicator at this point is green. Servers are pinged . All Ok. just do not come to quotations as if the day off. What does this have to do with the communication channels?????

Reason: