What is everyone looking for?

The question is - What is everyone looking for?
Why do I ask - I think you should understand "what" before looking for it? For example, I see "Smoothing by Yurick Method", and I think, "What the hell is this smoothing? What will it do? Immediately a question arises - imagine that you already have something like this (which they are looking for) magic smoothing, what will happen next? Probably they look for such "transformation" of a price chart that will show something like "up" - it means "will go up" - if it looks "down" - it means "will go down". I mean the first derivative. And if it (the first derivative) became "0" at some point of time, it should not show back up again until it becomes negative. Well, to smooth it down to "sine" and THEN !!!!. Not to be redrawn in any way! Well, then how, then, to top it up ! TIP !!!

Next, I see indicators at some people :)) Which draw something like channels :)))) But without statistics, how is it? It's like - "I'm afraid I discovered another "law" in Forex" ...

There is a clear desire for a "magic pill". But it doesn't happen that way - in fact it's very easy to check any indicator "for reliability" and you can even draw and sort them in the table - like reliable to anti-reliable (random - showing even the temperature of the moon). How to do this is very simple - it is necessary to take a reading at some point in time and after some time to compare with the market, well, like this indicator - "reliability of the indicator" ( by Programmer ;)) ) the ratio of time when indicated and actual readings coincided and when they differ. And qualitatively - not nearly zero, let's read zero - no -> indicator = (?) fact.

As a fact it is probably necessary to take a zigzag of some definite and identical for all analyzed indictors. It is quite reasonable even to run on some instrument this zigzag folded into its buffer file, and then in the tester after reading from this file to compare with what is shown by the studied indicator. I want to disappoint you the results will be awful - that is ..... (almost) none of the available indicators will not give anything better than 50/50. If they do, we may safely attach them to EAs and trade, they will be profitable. Their profitability can also be calculated.

So, like this. :)

Anyway, if you have any questions, I'll write you in person))) All right?

Everyone is looking for a Strategy that always brings profit, WITHOUT the right to lose.

Forex is fueled by the emotions of millions of people and therefore defies logic. How to BE?

The subjammer clearly has no idea what indicators are for. But you can guess by the etymology of the term. And the topicstarter is clearly confused indicator and TS. He probably does not even know - why they made this division.
Regarding the usefulness... Don't treat me like myself - I live, I love, I trade.
What I agree with is the author's questioning tone - the right approach. Maybe someone else's answers will make him wise up. I am not Pestalozzi - I would have shot him right away. So I wouldn't torment myself and others. And I wouldn't be deterred by my youth.

Yeah I'm obviously not in the loop - explain to the dark, so I'm not confused, indicators and TS, what's the difference between them :)) And what is the division for?

SProgrammer >>:

Ага я явно не в теме - обьясните темному, чтобы я не путал, индикаторы и ТС, в чем их отличие :)) И зачем сделанно раздедение?

And you wouldn't understand, so why torture you with our meticulous explanations

sanyooooook писал(а) >>

And you wouldn't understand anyway, why torture you with our meticulous explanations

It's just bullshit. :)) Don't you get it?

SProgrammer >>:

Да просто это чушь полная. :)) Разве не понятно?

What exactly is this nonsense?

Continued https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/123688?
I wish you would have picked up the old thread, you keep talking about the same thing.

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

Yeah I'm obviously not in the loop - explain to the dark, so I'm not confused, indicators and TS, what's the difference :)) And what is the division done?

There may be more than one indicator and elements of candlestick analysis used in the TS.
Reason: