Avalanche - page 366

What does it mean to take out????? that I'm skipping the rest, as I wrote above, the one that was unnecessary... What follows from this... no way, as my grandfather said: "you shouldn't step in it, then... and you won't..."

and baltik - was introduced in 1995 from Baltika beer (1st registration on the forum and the first thing that came to mind) and no more...

lasso:

Yury, thank you for your work. But I have a few questions at once:

1) Let's compare that picture for 1 month and this one for 1 year. The number of trades is about the same, i.e. decreased ~ 12 times. Profit (relative) - decreased by a factor of 2. MO = 3.05 with max. lot = 6.4 lots! (if I have deciphered the picture correctly).

What does this prove? That you maximally and masterfully adjusted parameters of your TS for this period? Even the absolute drawdown is at the very limit.

Everything has been crimped to the limit. Who needs it? ( Kombat's post, third from bottom)

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

2) Throughout the existence of this thread, it has been voiced many times by both you and Katana, roughly the following:

" -- Yes, plums are legitimate. But in between draining one depo, we manage to make several depos. --"

So let's check this statement using "normal" period of history (at least from 01.01.2007 up to now).

---- You have the Expert Advisor, on the basis of which the 1-month picture was made.

---- How to improve it, without changing the logic of the Expert Advisor, was explained to you.

So what is the problem?

Let's test this hypothesis and if we prove it true, all the "morons" will automatically shut up.

And you will be -- for life: kudos and respect!!!

1)No, you have not deciphered the picture correctly. Share your experience how you can determine the lot from the picture. The test is done on a micro account and the maximum lot on it = 3, so there is no way it can be = 6.4. In my case the maximal total lot = 0.21. And when analyzing possible reasons of a relatively small MO, you should take into consideration that the total loss is about half of the total profit and this follows from the general principle of an avalanche as at least one order is closed with a loss when the cycle is closed. Also, you should take into consideration that the most part of deals when the avalanche does not work and the first order closes with a profit. And the first order has a lot = 0.01.

2) No special skill is needed here. The only optimizable parameter is the distance. Therefore, I just increased it a little at a glance for the second case. I did not optimize it because I need a lot of time, as one run lasts more than 2 hours on this interval.

3) I will carry out all-round testing at a larger interval only when I consider that the development of the Expert Advisor is finished.

balt_XX:
Who do you think are the idiots here? And most importantly, who's supposed to shut up? That's an overreaction.
You, uh, distinguish sarcasm from attack!

khorosh:

3) I will only carry out comprehensive testing over a long interval when I consider that the development of the EA is complete.

Wait! Wait! The question posed to you is primary. That is, the answer to it (how many deposits are earned on average for each drain?) determines whether something needs to be developed further or not.

I cannot understand what prevents you from answering your question now?

Let me repeat myself:

So let us check this statement on a "normal" period of history (at least from 01.01.2008 to 01.01.2010). (1.5 years cut!!!)

---- You have the Expert Advisor on the basis of which the 1-month picture was made.

---- How to improve it, without changing the logic of the Expert Advisor, was explained to you.

---- Time: Revision of the Expert Advisor = 4 hours.

plus 2 years of testing = 4 hours (you do not need to optimize anything!)

Total: In 8 hours we will know the answer to the main question of this branch.

So what's the problem?

lasso:

Stop! Stop! The question posed to you is primary. That is, the answer to it (how many deposits are earned on average for each drain?) determines whether something needs to be developed further or not.

I do not understand what prevents you now to answer the question posed?

I will repeat myself:

So let's test this statement on a "normal" period of history (at least from 01.01.2008 to 01.01.2010). (1.5 years cut!!!)

---- You have the adviser on the basis of which the 1-month picture was made.

---- Time: Revision of the Expert Advisor = 4 hours.

plus 2 years of testing = 4 hours (you do not need to optimize anything!)

Total: In 8 hours we will know the answer to the main question of this branch.

So what's the problem?

Reread my post from

11.06.2010 08:32

Until I finish the work voiced in this post to put any test data on a large interval, other than those that have already brought is not going to.

You don't likethe results of testing for almost a year with decent profit. You want the profitability figures to be the same as in the May test. Do you want your Expert Advisor to earn its maximal profit irrespective of the market volatility? I think it is hardly achievable, although I think that the results of the last test can be improved, both in profitability and drawdown, so I continue my work.

khorosh:

Reread my post of

11.06.2010 08:32

Until I finish the work voiced in this post I am not going to lay out any test data on a large interval, other than those that I have already brought.

You don't like the results of testing for almost a year with decent profit. You want the profitability figures to be the same as in the May test. Do you want your Expert Advisor to earn its maximal profit irrespective of the market volatility? I think it is hardly achievable, although I think the results of the last test can be improved, both in terms of profitability and drawdown, so I continue to work.

Yes, what else is there to improve?

I am already doing great! For me, for example - everything is fine in that picture from page. 363 (one month of testing). And PF, and FS, and averages, and lot, and even MO. Everything is great!!! Honestly.

Investors (and I among them) are nervously smoking standing outside your office door, waiting for the last wave of ---- to answer the question:

how many deposits are earned on average per drain?

No. Well, how long will this circus go on?

Your position: Here is a picture - admire it, but to the first serious question - I will not give an answer. Because I am very busy with classified developments....

OK. No need to make any of the modifications described above.

Just :

---- set an initial balance of 10,000,000.

--- do a test of what is in the picture from pg. 363 for the period from 01.01.2008 to 01.01.2010 (4 hours of your precious time)

And then we will make it up to you.

lasso:

Yes, what else is there to improve?

It's already going great! I, for example, am happy with everything in that picture from page 363 (one month's test). 363 (one month's test). And PF, and FS, and averages, and lot, and even MO. Everything is great!!! Honestly.

Investors (and I among them) are nervously smoking standing outside your office door, waiting for the last wave of ---- to answer the question:

How many deposits are earned on average per drain?

No. Well, how long will this circus go on?

Your position: Here is a picture - admire it, but to the first serious question - I will not give an answer. Because I am very busy with classified developments....

OK. No need to make any of the modifications described above.

Just :

---- set an initial balance of 10,000,000.

--- do a test of what is in the picture from pg. 363 for the period from 01.01.2008 to 01.01.2010 (4 hours of your precious time)

and we will develop it further.

I wonder what it is that you are going to refine. I can send you the results of a test that meets your conditions and is even tougher. Provided that you don't criticise the large drawdown, which I understand even without you and therefore continue to work, and after that you will publicly admit that there are no more complaints to me and that you are convinced of the prospects of this strategy.

It's a total bollocks, and it's a total..... ))

I'm "fired up" again and am now preparing an argument to Yuri's posts. For this purpose I took out the April Expert Advisor, which was created for Avalanche. I corrected the lot sizes for the current task.

Well, I think, now I will show you the mother of god.... Now ... Now...

I set the period from 01.06.2007 to 31.12.2008. I press the "Start" button and in 6 seconds I get a picture like this:

Well, what are you gonna do? ))))))))))))))))))))))))

No. That's it. I'm done. Time to go to the Maldives.........

lasso:

It's a total bollocks, and it's total..... ))

I'm "fired up" again and am now preparing an argument to Yuri's posts. For this purpose I took out the April Expert Advisor, which was created for Avalanche. I corrected the lot sizes for the current task.

Well, I think, now I will show you the mother of god.... Now ... Now...

I set the period from 01.06.2007 to 31.12.2008. I press the "Start" button and in 6 seconds I get a picture like this:

Well, what are you going to do? ))))))))))))))))))))))))

No. That's it. I'm done. Time to go to the Maldives.........

Well? You don't need to prove anything, you've already seen for yourself? Hello, anti-avalanche people, where are you? - Help my friend, or he will turn into a DC adherent. :-)))
Reason: