[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 624

What did you want, the real thing? There's not enough money for a hundred Qwer.

The trader's name is Qwer1. The first one turned out to be lucky. If there are other Qwer1s, their fate is unknown, at least...

Well, at least it turned out beautifully - it's already something to brag about. - And there's not even any Photoshop anymore. All is fair.

DmitriyN:
I did not. I do not know the American language. You could at least explain what's what. Everyone knows the paradox, but no one knows how to use it.

That's what I said. But Grandpa Sasha decided to avoid commentary on the fact that we can influence only the rate of plum, from 2 games, reducing and uvilizhivaya speed of plum of one system relative to another, you can build a 3-rd, which will accumulate the energy of money on these 2)))

You can read the link through Google's online translator, type the page link directly into the translation window and click translate, it will give you the link, click it and it will open the page of the translated resource.

PapaYozh:

The weird thing is that this is monitoring of a demo account.

Why strange? On the contrary, it is logical. We take a dozen of other demo Qwer1, qwer2, qwer3 accounts and so on. Part of the trades are mirrored and reversed, as a result (taking into account the leverage of 1:500), there are always some nice accounts to show with the words: "Learn, schoolboy!".

But in real life, you won't be able to indulge in it, you'll probably feel sorry for your own blood money. Although Alexander dreams of surprising us again. His next step will probably be the opening of some micro-real or something like that, and the eighth will go off? Then we'll be able to talk!

Alexander, with your talent as a demo-rialist it would not be difficult for you to find a job at some brokerage company and impress the newcomers with your talent and the ease of making money in the market. By the way, they could get a good salary, and make a show every day:)

I'll raise the sunken puzzles

by Vizarda

3 3 3 5 3 3 5 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 3 5 3 3 3 5 55 5 X

what is X ? (with solution formula obligatory) several options are possible...

from Mathemata
... one more (3 points):

Megamind bought 53 packs of a product that repels apple moths. The remedy starts working three days after it is applied to the tree. However, he discovers that one of the packs is defective and it also repels the fruit pollinator, without which no apples will grow. Megamogg can't risk his orchard, but he has six wild apple trees on which he can test the repellents. But after six days, the apple moth starts to go on a feeding frenzy, and there won't be much left of his orchard if he doesn't treat it. How can Mega Brain find the defective product and save his crop?

Note: we have only 3 days in which to identify the single defective package. In fact we have only one processing attempt - on Day 0. Earlier than Day 3 we have no way of finding out anything.

If we are late and pollinate trees with "correct" repellents later than 3 days, the Fertility Moth eats everything instantly on Day 6 and will not wait for repellent to work from it (it also starts to work after 3 days).

P.S. Those who know the approach to the solution, please do not write a response here. Do not know write only in person.

from Uraina

How to bypass hexagonal lattice graphs with minimal number of thread breaks?

Each edge can only be traversed once.

3 3 3 5 3 3 5 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 5 5 3 5 3 3 3 5 5 5 5 X

what is X equal to ? (with the formula for solving it) several options are possible...

I don't really like guessing games, but I like this one:

13 92 78 12 43 ...

Urain's problem is too specific. What kind of graphs, any threads? Ribs maybe?

Mathemat:

Not much of a guessing game, but I liked this one:

13 92 78 12 43 ...

72? =)

Yeah, don't go any further, I see. Let the others suffer.

Aleksander:
you yourself gave the link - http://www.cut-the-knot.org/ctk/Parrondo.shtml - it's all drawn below :) ball = profit... stairs - steadily draining systems.... it just needs to be moved (regarding the handicap)... - but it's all in line with the drawing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrondo's_paradox

On Wiki, the description of the paradox is exactly the same as in the above link.

I am writing mostly for Dmitry (translating from English). In the article there is a paragraph like this: "The catch here is that, in order for the paradox to occur, all three games A, B1, and B2 can't be losing. A typical assignment of probabilities would be p = .495, p 1 = .095, and p 2 = .745, which makes B2 a winning game. For M = 2 or 3, B still comes out a losing game, although it is winning for M > 3."

To put it in Russian, there are 3 games (1, 2, 3), in fact, two of which (1, 2) have a probability of winning less than 0.5, and one (3) is greater than 0.5.

But we are talking about two merging games, where game 1 is game A; games *correct* 2 and 3 alternate on the condition that if a player's capital is divisible by an integer (3) then we play game 3, if not, then game 2, and this combination of two games is game B, it is a loss in itself, as is game A. But by alternating games A and B (example, AABAAB...) MO turns out to be paradoxically positive.

And the question is, do you have a game with positive MO in stock, which is necessary to realize the paradox?

Another chess moxlomay. Anyone who knows the solution, please don't post it here or give any hints. Better post it in person.

White has recorded his moves: 1. f3, 2.Krf2, 3.Krg3, 4.Krh4.

How did Black play, if on the 4th move he has checkmate? Drawing:

Shit, I don't have the board handy, but white people behave idiotically :)))
Reason: