[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 331

Well, the Olympiad is not the All-Union Olympiad, but only the Moscow one. The next one from the same Olympiad is more complicated:

They put 100 prisoners in prison. The warden said to them:
"I will give you an evening to talk to each other, and then I will put you into separate cells, and you won't be able to talk anymore. Sometimes I will take one of you into a room where there is a lamp (at the beginning it is turned off). When you leave the room, you can leave the lamp either on or off.

If at any point one of you tells me that you have all been in the room before, and you are right, I will set you all free. If you're wrong, I'll feed you all to the crocodiles. And don't worry about forgetting anyone - if you keep quiet, you'll all have been in the room, and no visit to the room will be the last one for anyone."

Come up with a strategy to guarantee the prisoners' release.

Mathemat >>:
Произведение пяти чисел не равно нулю. Каждое из этих чисел уменьшили на единицу, при этом их произведение не изменилось. Приведите пример таких чисел.

3 * 3 * -8 * 1/3 * 1/2 = -12

2 * 2 * -9 * -2/3 * -1/2 = -12

Mathemat писал(а) >>
Another one is from the Math Olympiad 2003 (Grade 9):
The product of five numbers is not zero. Each of these numbers was reduced by one and their product did not change. Give an example of such numbers.

For example: -5; -5; -4; 3; 6
In general, it is obvious that some of the numbers must be negative.
-
Here's the program:
-
Dim Chis1 As Long
Dim Chis2 As Long
Dim Chis3 As Long
Dim Chis4 As Long
Dim Chis5 As LongPrivate Sub Command1_Click()
For Chis1 = -5 To 10
For Chis2 = -5 To 10
For Chis3 = -5 To 10
For Chis4 = -5 To 10 5 To 10
For Chis5 = -5 To 10
If Chis1 * Chis2 * Chis3 * Chis4 * Chis5 = (Chis1 - 1) * (Chis2 - 1) * (Chis3 - 1) * (Chis4 - 1) * (Chis5 - 1) Then
If Chis1 * Chis2 * Chis3 * Chis4 * Chis5 <> 0 Then
Print Chis1, Chis2, Chis3, Chis4, Chis5
End If
End If
Next Chis5
Next Chis4
Next Chis3
Next Chis2
Next Chis1
End Sub
-

You guys! Are you looking at the general solver?
I understand - you need an alternative to EURUSD Consequences. ;)
But the topic of context - pending. And not only that!
Brain training - good.
Where are the thoughts?

Mathemat >>:
Ну олимпиада-то не Всесоюзная чай, а всего лишь Московская. Следующая с той же олимпиады - посложнее:

В тюрьму поместили 100 узников. Надзиратель сказал им:
"Я дам вам вечер поговорить друг с другом, а потом рассажу по отдельным камерам, и общаться вы больше не сможете. Иногда я буду одного из вас отводить в комнату, в которой есть лампа (вначале она выключена). Уходя из комнаты, вы можете оставить лампу как включенной, так и выключенной.

Если в какой-то момент кто-то из вас скажет мне, что вы все уже побывали в комнате, и будет прав, то я всех вас выпущу на свободу. А если неправ - скормлю всех крокодилам. И не волнуйтесь, что кого-нибудь забудут - если будете молчать, то все побываете в комнате, и ни для кого никакое посещение комнаты не станет последним."

Придумайте стратегию, гарантирующую узникам освобождение.

do not touch the bulb - warranty.

хлопцы! Вы общий решальник смотрите?
Я понимаю - нужна альтернатива Последствиям EURUSD. ;)
но тема контекста - в ожидании. И не тока!
мозг тренируется - хорошо.
Где мысли?

open another one and start
and then...

You guys! Are you watching the general solver?
I understand - need an alternative to EURUSD Consequences. ;)
But the topic of context is pending. And not only that!
Brain training - good.
Where are the thoughts?

avatara, where are your thoughts? Gestapo is my thoughts.

Richie >>:

avatara, а где ваши мысли? Гестапо какое-то - вот мои мысли.

Remind me also of anger... ;)

не трогать лампу - гарантия.

No, it's more complicated than that. How would anyone know that all 100 have already been in the cell? They don't communicate. They communicate once, come up with something, and then go ahead.

Mathemat >>:
И не волнуйтесь, что кого-нибудь забудут - если будете молчать, то все побываете в комнате, и ни для кого никакое посещение комнаты не станет последним."

Alexei, can I rephrase.
I don't get it.

Reason: