[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 245

It's the centre that's confusing... hmm, how would a blind man know where the centre is?

you're ahead of the curve )

That is, they are blind after all. Then, it turns out, they don't know at any point in time how far apart they are from each other. They will not meet purposively because they have no target function.

Let's get this one right, shall we?

Come on. There could be any number of conditions. I'm not sure we'll solve it :)

I don't know how a formula can describe a trajectory, much less an arbitrary one (

So I don't know how to set the search conditions

Mathemat >>:

Т.е. они все-таки слепые. Тогда, получается, они ни в какой момент времени не знают, на каком расстоянии они друг от друга. Они не встретятся целенаправленно, т.к. у них нет целевой функции.

Starting to move randomly, after what seems like three touches they will know the centre and forward to the centre

Mischek >>:

Начав двигаться произвольно, после кажеться трех касаний они будут знать центр и вперед в центр

after two

This is assuming that they are reflected from the walls at the same angle.

Mischek >>:

Начав двигаться произвольно, после кажеться трех касаний они будут знать центр и вперед в центр

Doug is the target, the centre is no longer needed

Reason: